Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

CKY-DIY 2017 event plans??

edited October 2017 in DIY

Hey, Eric! You have plans for it this year?

Anybody else?

Wolf

Comments

• Unfortunately, I'm out for this year. Doc says no long distance driving for now.
  • Unfortunately I think I'm out again this year, in the mists of moving. 
  • I'd try to show up, it's not that bad of a drive for me, might even have something to show
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Honestly I'm tapped out this year and for that reason (and the fact that I'm still job hunting), I'm out. 
    My signature goes here
  • I can make it if it happens.... Would like to get a heads up though.
  • I didn't even realize I put the wrong year in the title..

FAIL!

• Wolf said:

I didn't even realize I put the wrong year in the title..

FAIL!

Title fixed. 
    My signature goes here
  • ani_101 said:
    I can make it if it happens.... Would like to get a heads up though.
    I love Ani's spirit... "Where ever two speaker builders meet, I shall be there.  Whenever a coat of Duratex is applied, I shall assist in its application.  If Phase can be discussed, if bass bloom is addressed, I shall share my opinion and learn from the conversation."  Ani, you're The Best!!!
    greywardencssaudio14thtry
  • I strive to hear!!! Thanks Marty, it was good catching up with you....
  • When? Where? I'd like to go, if I'm not feverishly laying bedroom flooring.
  • Being discussed via an e-mail list currently. I'll add you in, Paul...
  • edited October 2017

CKY-DIY 2017, the 11th annual event, will be at 1stBuild on 11/11/17, likely from 9am until about 4pm as it usually goes.

Address:

1stBuild

333 east Brandeis

Louisville, KY 40208

• Man, you guys didn't leave much time to plan. I'd love to go but not sure if I'll be able to make it.
  • This one and Grand rapids tend to be rushed into position unless someone is helping to drive the plans. When you have someone like Eric behind the reigns, it goes better.

It'll be what it'll be...

• If I didn't already have Foo Fighters tickets for the 10th, I'd be there.
    greywarden
  • Wolf said:

CKY-DIY 2017, the 11th annual event, will be at 1stBuild on 11/11/17, likely from 9am until about 4pm as it usually goes.

If anyone takes pictures, please let me know so I can get some material for the MAC archive.  No chance I can make it this year, but I'd be happy to create an archive page after the event.

My signature goes here
  • edited October 2017
    Created a one-pager info site:  http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/events/kentucky-diy-2017

@Wolf please share with your email thread. 

My signature goes here
  • Yeah I can't make that, too soon. 
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Sorry guys, busy with the sell/ packing and DODGING BULLETS!
    PWRRYDWolfkennykisaeagle4031Bryan@MACcssaudio1D1PP1NsquamishdrocjhollanderS7910
  • This happened on the way to work, yes what goes up must come down
  • Will do, Bry! Thanks,

• Any hotel recommendations? I'll be staying Saturday night only, guess everybody heading back Saturday evening?
  • Steve and I will be at the Hilton on Friday night. I've stayed at the Sheraton, and it's nice too.
  • So how did the event go?  Any pictures to share?
  • 4thtry said:
    So how did the event go?  Any pictures to share?
    Me too. 

I was trying to justify going up until the last minute, but I couldn't drive 12hrs round trip for 8hrs of goodness.  Hope you guys had a blast.

Dan
  • I have some I will post. There were 6-7 pairs, and about 12-15 peeps. Plenty of time for long sessions a pair. Started at 9:30, ended at 2:30. Everybody eligible got a prize if they were there.

Good times! Oh, and I like the 25-1719 better than the 25-1414...

• I have a couple of phone pics from event.  Will upload if desired.  Is there an event folder / photo album... ?

First MAC meet for me.  Super into it.
  • Dan sent his pics off to Bryan for MAC, AFAIK.

I haven't been able to upload pics to PETT due to a recent programming error, but that has been reported to be fixed, so we'll see...

• Wolf said:

Dan sent his pics off to Bryan for MAC, AFAIK.

Nope. I spoke with him but he appears to be having trouble using Box to transfer the pics to me. Have not heard from him since my last email reply. I’ll hit him up again this weekend. 
    My signature goes here