Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (11)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Cabrini the Last?

I have to do a little resizing on the tweeter cutout, I think this could be a nice combo to close out the Cabrini saga. Bonus: I can finish it quickly I imagine. 
I have a signature.
4thtrygreywarden

Comments

• I like that tweeter.  I'm using it right now for an on-wall project and it measures very well.
  • Which tweeter is it? I don't c think I heard the cabrinis but was on my list when I started out with my first build... 
  • Dayton ND25FW-1

I'm using it for an MTM with NLA Peerless 835004 woofers.  

I bought 4 of those tweeters when they were on sale for $13.
  • https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-nd25fw-4-1-soft-dome-neodymium-tweeter-with-waveguide-4-ohm--275-051

On paper at least, and from various anecdotal statements, it is a great little $19 tweeter. 

Cabrini used the 3x7 Goldwood piezo, Cabrini Redux used the GRS 1" dome, and Cabrini the Last will use this tweeter. Initially I was going to do the Last using a Vifa BC25TG but I already had the Dayton waveguide tweeters so the decision was made for me. I want to further reduce my inventory of currently available/inexpensive drivers to focus on old-school Rat Shack builds as well as a couple high end offerings. 

I expect this tweeter to perform admirably well with a simple crossover and a high-ish crossover point similar to Cabrini Redux which is crossed over somewhere in the neighborhood of 3K
    I have a signature.
  • Here is a raw measurement of that tweeter, centered on a 8.5" wide baffle.

• Very nice. 
    I have a signature.
  • It crosses over LR4 very nicely at 2500 with only 4 components.
  • Hell yeah, looks good I've always loved (the idea of) the Cabrini and wanted to build a surround set one day when I have a place to put it, hopefully here within the next month or so.
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • I think this will be a fine iteration when all is said and done. 
    greywardenFaceJasonP
    I have a signature.