Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Table saw stand

@JavadS wanted to see how I built my table saw stand so here are a few shots =)

I based the build on 2x4 handy panels and 2x4's from HD as that's what I usually buy as I can fit them in my Mini. The base is a piece of 3/4" plywood with six castors on it. The table saw sits on a 2x2 piece of mdf. I then cut 1ft of the end of 2 pieces of mdf (one 1/4" piece and one 3/4") to make a 2x3 board to put the router plate into. Then I took that cut off and put it behind the table saw. So I know have a 3x4 work surface. The entire thing is just over 3ft tall. My "shop" is only 8ft square, as I built the walls to keep all the dust off of everything in the garage. Lastly I just drilled a few holes through the top to secure the router fence.

You have to remember to make a cutout for the back fence runner or you won't be able to make any cuts smaller than 4" or so.

kennykTurn2JavadSgreywarden

Comments

• Nice compact table. How do you attach the router to the table? Is there some sort of quick release?
  • Very nice thanks for posting the details! Such a capable little saw, just needs a bigger work surface, great work  :)

Javad
    squamishdroc
  • ani_101 said:
    Nice compact table. How do you attach the router to the table? Is there some sort of quick release?
    There are 2 bolts that drop through the plate and thread into the router base. Not the best setup but I now have 2 routers so one can just stay bolted to the table.
  • I made a trip to the tool store last week and added a miter track to the table and got a miter gauge that doesn't flop around in the saws' channel as well. 
  • Love that miter gauge, I use the same one =)
  • JavadS said:
    Love that miter gauge, I use the same one =)
    It's nice to have one that doesn't flop around in the channel on the saw that's for sure.