Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Audible Physics 2.6 Ram component set

I received these in a few days ago. I was asked by a Facebook group, Indiana Sound Quality, to test and evaluate them. And give my feedback on them. When I am finished, ISQ will host a drawing for a lucky member of their board. Note that these are designed with an active car audio build in mind. But being myself, I can't leave well enough alone, I am going to work out a passive home audio design.

The build quality of the drivers is very good, and at the price point ($629.99 for the set thru the US distributor, SLA Acoustics). There is a lot of very thoughtful engineering though. Ample cooling, very closely matched sensitivities, generous overlap in flat freq response, multi hole mounting on the Ram6a woofer. Excellent packaging.

The only caveat I can say so far, is the lack of any literature. But these are not really designed for a beginner either. Still i would appreciate pertinent specs such as the frequency response, T/S parameters, and mounting dimensions. Yes the info is easily accessible on line, but I still prefer paper in hand. I'm just old that way.

T/S parameters will be taken soon and then I will model and build an enclosure and take frequency response measurements.
JasonP

Comments

• Visually these look very nice.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Some info on their website, but who can place their trust in that. ;)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I have finished up my evaluation on these. Nice drivers, definitely with car audio in mind. And that is not a bad thing. Simply that they took that as the priority. When used as intended, they are very good. Solid build, easy to work with. For home, I would use the ram1 tweeter as well for a broader sweet spot. I ended up with an lr4 acoustic crossover at 800. Solid phase tracking. Pricey yes, but I belive on part with many other drivers and some costing more. The woofer was particularly nice, articulate without sounding dry. The ram2 mid/tweet is really stellar in upper midrange.

I will be testing the ram 3 and ram1 soon. I tested a prototype of the ram1 earlier this year. great tweeters with an imp profile that is nearly flat almost like a ribbon or amt.