Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

ND25FW-4 measurements

2»

Comments

• Since I had my IB test baffle out, I measured the ND25FW.  Same 1/2 meter test conditions as the measurements I took on the Scanspeak and Vifa drivers:

Honest!  That is 1/24th octave smoothing!  The 2nd harmonic and THD spike is right at Fs (no surprise).  I'd say with a LR4 slope 2kHz should be doable.  Hard to believe this was a only $13 on sale tweeter.
    Mzisserson
  • PWRRYD said:
    Since I had my IB test baffle out, I measured the ND25FW.  Same 1/2 meter test conditions as the measurements I took on the Scanspeak and Vifa drivers:

Honest!  That is 1/24th octave smoothing!  The 2nd harmonic and THD spike is right at Fs (no surprise).  I'd say with a LR4 slope 2kHz should be doable.  Hard to believe this was a only $13 on sale tweeter.
    Dayton is so polarized. Its all or nothing with them! Great tweet!
  • Happy New Years everyone!!!
  • Happy New Year!
  • Happy New Year!
  • Happy new years, brothers. 
    I have a signature.
  • It's still an hour to go... Here in central time zone....
  • HAPPY NEW YEAR from the night shift.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Happy new year!!!  =)
  • Happy New Year!
  • I just took the in box measurements for my ND25FW and MCM 55-2669 MTM project.  The measured responses were super easy to filter just as predicted.  I've already sim'd up a nice looking xo that only requires 7 parts...
    jr@macNicholas_23kennykTurn2
  • I'm listening to the prototype xo's now... really nice right out of the design box.  A small tweek to the tweeter padding maybe.  I like this tweeter a lot.  If they go on sale again I'll definitely pick up another pair.

These are very solid MTM's but honestly they still need a sub to play that last octave.  I have plenty of time to finish their voicing and finish their appearance before InDIYana.  Impressive speakers for $78 worth of drivers and only modest xo parts.
    greywarden