Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Rival Acoustics

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I took a chance on some and found it to be a high quality product. It is fabric woven in with heavy poly strands, so it's quite rigid and will hold a flat shape on most any frame. As a downside it doesn't fold real well so you have to put a little more effort into wrapping around and stapling to your frame.

Given the slightly better photos on the redone site (qcomonents.ca), I'd take a chance again with it the next time i need grill fabric.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Have you tried a heat gun on the corners?
  • I didn't try with a heat gun, just elbow grease to pull tight and staple.
  • It may work with some patience.
  • Huzzah! I apparently won a prize with my RAD order, I wonder what it is! :) :)
    jr@mac
  • Congrats! Is it the Maserati GranTurismo Convertible?
    dcibelTurn2PWRRYD
  • Went to order the designer pack of caps and resistors tonight - don't see it on the site anymore. Should of ordered the other night went I first saw it :'(
  • I think there are a few more packs, but not in inventory yet. Check Sunday.
    squamishdroc
  • Gowa said:
    I think there are a few more packs, but not in inventory yet. Check Sunday.
    Thanks B)
  • Gowa said:
    I think there are a few more packs, but not in inventory yet. Check Sunday.
    Glad to hear, interested myself.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • They are available now. There are just a few of these left.
  • Ordered mine! B)
    PWRRYD
  • Got a few bonus speaker terminals that shipped with mine. That was pretty damn nice of them I think !
    PWRRYD
  •  Gowa said:
    They are available now. There are just a few of these left.

Got my order in last night B)
  • That's great! I just checked and there's only 2 left.
  • The R176-PV-08 paper woofer is on sale now. It is expected to arrive on Friday, Feb 16. Pre-orders of this driver is allowed. https://rhythmaudiodesign.com/collections/specials
  • Pre ordered a quad of the poly, may Zeus protect me from Mrs JR.
    I have a signature.
  • Curses!
  • what happened to Ceramic and the carbon - would they be coming too? 
  • Oof - I see those poly/mica are not listed already. 
    I have a signature.
  • I like the look of the CF 120mm driver, that could be a killer midrange speaker.
    rjj45
  • Someone ordered 14 of the Poly/Mica drivers and cleaned us out. We only had 26, that's all there was in Rival inventory.
  • edited February 2018
    On eBay next, or an array.
  • edited February 2018
    Or.....maybe door prizes at a diy? ;) 
    Or.....maybe not. :'(
  • Nobody knows what the future holds for door-prizes ;). I will say that it would be nice to see door-prize drivers show up in more builds at subsequent events. 
    D1PP1N
    I have a signature.
  • Hmmm?  RAALS?
  • jr@mac said:
    Nobody knows what the future holds for door-prizes ;). I will say that it would be nice to see door-prize drivers show up in more builds at subsequent events. 
    I've rarely seen this happen. I won a pair of mcm 55-2669s im buttoning up now. The new pair T/S params are very close to the used pair i purchased from you which surprised me different packaging even! 
  • Having been using door prizes in builds, sometimes multiple ones, especially Duratex. But it's usually over a year or more before the door prizes show up in events.
  • Digging those 12 and 15 CM drivers
    Maybe some will be available for us DIY folks
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!