Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

I think I've heard it all.

edited February 2018 in DIY
Someone recently was telling me that the audio signal comes out from the end of the audio cable at the speed of sound and because the wavelengths travel at  the different speeds, construction of the cable is very important.
kennyksquamishdroc4thtry

Comments

• Common knowledge. The construction is important because poor quality cables can leak this speed of sound signal, and if it escapes the cable it will break the sound barrier, causing a sonic boom, hurting your ears. Happens to me a lot when I use cheap cables.
    kennykD1PP1Ngreywarden4thtry
  • Don't forget those malingering electrons...
    kennyk4thtry
    I have a signature.
  • Wine infused solid hardwood cable lifters so the sound doesn't leak into the f!oor.
    kennyk4thtry
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited February 2018
    Sharp bends are a complete no-no because electrons definitely don't like to change directions.
    D1PP1N4thtry
  • What this amp needs is more juice.  Apple, grapefruit, or orange?
    kennyk4thtry

• Love my new amp! 
    rjj45
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Someone recently was telling me that the audio signal comes out from the end of the audio cable at the speed of sound and because the wavelengths travel at  the different speeds, construction of the cable is very important.
    He's right.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited February 2018
    PWRRYD said:
    What this amp needs is more juice.  Apple, grapefruit, or orange?
    Lemon.

deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)