Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• I have a pair of the 5" black anodized model 
    I have a signature.
  • Nice ! I was curious how easy it would be to handle that breakup they show in the measurements
  • Im not sure the fountek neoX 2.0 ribbons will xover well to these woofers as planned . Thoughts on tweeters? I do have a pair of ceramic coated Vifa NE tweeters? 
  • The Vifa wod be a good choice. 
    I have a signature.
  • The woofers came in today. They are beefy drivers for sure. 
    Gowa
  • Those look sweet together dude! 
  • Thank you sir, thinking of a light colored enclosure for them. 
  • A match made in heaven.  <3
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Thanks guys. Just got back from the Apple orchard with a couple bags of zestars and honey crisp apples. Going to wash them up then take the kid to Menards and see what they have for lighter colored wood. Maybe go with a white colored enclosure with maple accented sides? Will have to see what they have.  
  • Did you have any measured T/S parameters on these woofers yet?
    Thanks
  • Hey Mitchell , I havent, but I do have it in the test box and was messing around and took FR measurements . Probably wont help you much. I think there is a couple board members or at least one that has done a build with them , at least I think they were these drivers. Maybe he will chime in. 
  • JP used that driver.
  • I this some new kind of speaker pr0n? Crotch shots with speakers ?
    rjj45Face
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Lucky I wasnt wearing my speedos
  • What color speedos?
    Nicholas_23
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • edited February 2018
    Is that the NE25VTT-04 tweeter?
  • Gowa said:
    Is that the NE25VTT-04 tweeter?
      Ceramic dome from solen
  • edited February 2018
    Nice! Do you have any review?
  • Scroll down a bit , looks like zaph tested the whole NE25 series. http://www.zaphaudio.com/blog.html
  • I'd assume NE25VTT is "titanium" and NE25VTC is "ceramic". Decent performers but not quite the same level as the NE woofers from what I've seen. Maybe if Vifa made one with a standard 4" flange and large well vented chamber they would perform a lot better <2.5kHz. As they do appear to have a fairly stout motor I would be very surprised if these tweeter fell apart at high SPL.

This does remind me of the whole shipping catastrophe when these first came out. If I recall PE was shipping these things loose in bags or something and they were all getting damaged in shipping, as you can see the "grill" isn't really protective on these tweeters.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Nice tweeter. I keep forgetting about Zaph's site.
  • I purchased around 6 pair of the NE tweeters - at least half showed up with broken phase shields. I finally stopped ordering them, despite them being really nice tweeters - just too much hassle returning etc. 

FWIW, I crossed the 3/4" silk dome at 2.2k and couldn't really find anything to fault about it. 
    I have a signature.
  • Didn't they have protective packaging?
  • More often than not they showed up in what looked like hand-carved styrofoam. Most of the Tymphany drivers I buy look like they are repackaged by PE. 
    I have a signature.
  • Hmm. That's definitely concerning. I like those tweeters for the small face plate and specs.
  • It's been a couple years - probably worth calling and asking how they are packaging them. 

Nick: how were yours packed when Solen shipped them?
    I have a signature.
  • I just got some door prizes in direct from Tymphany in California. They were bubble-foam sheet lined about 3/4" thick on all sides, and then the infamous cardboard front-to-back wrap and tape method, with the plastic covers over the drivers' faces.
  • I ordered an NE19 from PE as a spare a few years ago and it came in their typical rolled cardboard re-packaging.