Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Steak!

Comments

• Cook it like a steak but very rare. It indeed looks like veal - so maybe you can experiment with some bread crumbs and do a Schnitzel with it. 
    I have a signature.
  • Mmmmm!  Love me some veal Schnitzel, lyonnaised potatoes, and a fish bowl of wheat stout!
    kennykjr@mac
  • Some perch tonight from my icefishing trip a couple weekends ago.
    jr@macR-CarpenterkennykS7910squamishdroc
  • It's gonna be a whole 50 degrees out today! Time to knock the dust off the old Weber kettle grill. On the menu , small brisket flat that's been sitting in the fridge overnight with some rub on it. Low and slow today boys ,low and slow. 
    JasonPkennyk
  • Steak thread is the best thread.
    Nicholas_23kennyk
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I've been slacking... Fish/Shrimp fry from a few weeks ago.

Ribeye sizzling in Kerrygold:

A beef tenderloin filet from a few nights ago:

I have some USDA Prime sirloin aging away right now.
    JasonPNicholas_23kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • What is Kerrygold 
  • What is Kerrygold 
    Imported Irish grass fed butter.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • It is delicious, definitely a different experience than standard issue North American butter. 
    JasonP
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks guys , was just informed that it has been bought and in this household before. Can be found cheaper at Adlis according to the Mrs .
  • Have you tried blended/mixing Kerry gold into your coffee? Its different but good. They call it bulletproof coffee. I did notice a good boost of longer lasting energy from it.   http://www.cavemancoffeeco.com/caveman-recipes/
  • I could only find the salted at Aldi. 

I don't drink coffee.
    I have a signature.
  • It's gonna be a whole 50 degrees out today! Time to knock the dust off the old Weber kettle grill. On the menu , small brisket flat that's been sitting in the fridge overnight with some rub on it. Low and slow today boys ,low and slow. 

• Back on to the grill, disappointed on the bark
  • Pulled at 180 and wrapped fwiw
  • edited April 2018
    Can't go to the bar today, so bringing the bar here... Prime sirloin chislic and hand cut steak fries.

R-CarpenterD1PP1Nkennyk
    I have a signature.
  • R-CarpenterD1PP1Nkennyk
    I have a signature.
  • No grilling tonight!

jhollander
    I have a signature.
  • This is bullshit, just sayin'
    I have a signature.
  • I'll agree with that. Made for a (not) fun time at work retrieving feed from outside storage with a forklift.
  • On the plus side though ...

Froze half for later. The rest go into the spaghetti sauce when I make that tomorrow.
    jr@macD1PP1NNicholas_23kennyk
  • So , how were they? The meats of the balls
  • Tasted real good. Got a little ahead of myself and forgot the plate shot - sorry about that.

I used ground turkey in this batch. Needs extensive A-B testing against grass fed beef to determine a preference though ...
  • Just picked up whole beef tenderloins (2) at a local outfit for $6.99/lb. I went in because they were advertised at $8.99/lb which is good enough pricing. They rang up at $6.99/lb. Carve a few steaks and chislic some of it. Good times.
    S7910Nicholas_23D1PP1NJasonPkennyk
    I have a signature.
  • Man that is a good price on beef loin. 
  • And tenderloin is all meat. No weight loss to bone.
    I get this price in Brooklyn markets from time to time.
    Nicholas_23
  • Ill have to keep my eyes peeled for these prices 
  • There was some waste on these - silver skin was still attached, and so was the "lip". No biggie, they were otherwise pretty solid. 
    Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • Junk , juiced up pork loin . You can see the holes on the meat. It was juicy but we know why.
    R-Carpenter