Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Adire Audio

edited January 2018 in DIY
I was watching Colbert tonight while going through the many audio sites I have bookmarked seeing if there were any I could get rid of. I clicked on the Adire Audio bookmark assuming it would go no where and up pops a page that says "returning 2018" with a e-mail signup. https://adireaudio.com/ I'm still enjoying my Shiva subs.

Ron

dcibel

Comments

• Very cool! I still miss my Brahma sub :(
  • I had two....never should have sold.  Well this is exciting....
  • My cousin still has 4x Tempest 15"...
  • Very interesting. I wonder if it will be Dan Wiggins, or someone else. 
  • If all they did was produce the Tumult, it would still be one of the best HT subs on the market today.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Agreed! That 15" XBL^2 was indeed a monster!
  • Wolf, do you still have those little woofers I sent you years ago?
  • You mean the Extremis'? Yep- they will get used to, just not sure when.

• edited February 2018
    I got a reply by chance by finding Dan Wiggins' e-mail address on-line. Unfortunately he is not involved in Adire Audio any longer, and is only acquainted by passing it on to the new owners.
  • I know Nick has a pair of the Extremis - I hope he plans on something with them someday!
    I have a signature.
  • I have the ascendant audio 6.5 " with the phase plug and poly cone. The pair I have were measured and on zaphs site if interested. I think they use similar XBL technology in the motor.
  • Ah, that's right.
    I have a signature.
  • The AA6.5 were raved about for what seems like a millisecond, and then POOF they were gone. It's essentially the 2nd gen of the Extremis, trying to get more bandwidth capability from the design. If you have those, you have a rare pair of drivers that should be held onto.

I keep thinking of using the Extremis as the 0.5 sector of a 2.5-way, being that they are 8 ohms. The lower sensitivity and excellent Xmax would lend well to maybe a half-comp BSC setup in a slender tower.

• Wolf said:
    I got a reply by chance by finding Dan Wiggins' e-mail address on-line. Unfortunately he is not involved in Adire Audio any longer, and is only acquainted by passing it on to the new owners.
    That's a shame. He was a very good guy. I don't recall which forum he posted on, maybe the basslist, but he was one of the gurus along with Tom Danley. Both of them dropped out, much as Jeff has on TT. 
  • What ever happens to companies like this? Seems like they sell well respected products , I would think that would be enough to keep them in business?