Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

DakotaDIY -June 16 Edit: June 9th

edited January 2018 in Announcements
Stay tuned....
I have a signature.
greywardenTurn2S7910

Comments

• I could do that.  B)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Tagged....!
  • Note change in title = change in date to June 9th
    I have a signature.
  • I could do that.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Hoping I can make it again this year.  A bit of a drive for me but well worth it.  
  • Same place as before or is that TBD?

• Same place.
    I have a signature.
  • Looking forward to it!
  • Looks like we can have a front end taken care of, which takes a ton of logistics off my plate. 

I suggest booking a room at either the Ramada in 407 S. Lyons or Dakotah Lodge 3200 W. Russell Street. 

Both are a pretty quick scoot over to the venue. 

I have some music mixed for the event, but otherwise I will not be doing much more towards organizing things. I am sure if we all pitch in we can make it a good time. I am working typically 50+ hours a week right now with plenty of Saturdays thrown in, so I seriously lack time to play. 

I have the venue all day Friday and Saturday, so we can load up and get sound check done on Friday if the stuff all shows up around then. 

JasonP
    I have a signature.
  • edited May 2018
    ok, saw the hotel info. Will get on booking it.... should be there Friday evening.

Still any preference over the two?
  • The Dakota lodge is a little closer and was recently remodeled with in the past few years. The Ramada has or had a water park in it that I knew of as of a few years ago . Kids like to poop in them for what ever reason ......
  • Mrs JR and I will not be getting a room, fwiw. I received some shit news about one of my techs today, and even shittier news about how hr wants to handle it. My summer is shot, one way or another. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
     I received some shit news about one of my techs today, and even shittier news about how hr wants to handle it. My summer is shot, one way or another. 
    Same thing happened to me a couple years ago.  Try to keep your spirits up (I know it sucks!)
  • Sucks about work JR. We've been at 2/3 staff for the past 16 months and it doesn't look like they will be hiring any replacements. If I can get the 8th off work, I'll be there. I'll bring a bookshelf design using some of the Dynavox 6.5's that I bought from Craig in Grinnell. 
  • Anyone interested in splitting a room Friday and Saturday night? Apparently hotels won't take a reservation without a cc anymore.
  • JR - Do we need to register somewhere for the event? Do you need any amplification devices? I have 2 Crown XLS2K's in a small rack I could throw in the car. They are for sale too!
  • Man I wish I could go this year.  DakotaDIY is my favorite... good people, good speakers, and a venue that is very similar to my family room (listening room).
  • PWRRYD said:
    Man I wish I could go this year.  DakotaDIY is my favorite... good people, good speakers, and a venue that is very similar to my family room (listening room).
    I wish you could make it too. But you have a little longer drive - I'm guessing it's about 6 hours from Cedar Rapids with a few pit stops along the way. 
  • I'm working on it Tom.  It's a solid 8 hour drive for me with only one lunch stop.
  • Nah, no registration. I'm essentially just securing the venue this year. If things go as I plan, I will be back full force in 2019, though.
    Nicholas_23
    I have a signature.
  • PWRRYD said:
    Man I wish I could go this year.  DakotaDIY is my favorite... good people, good speakers, and a venue that is very similar to my family room (listening room).
    Put some highway gears in that rustang and get your @#@ down here. Should be able to shave an hour or so off the drive. 
  • PWRRYD said:
    Put some highway gears in that rustang and get your @#@ down here. Should be able to shave an hour or so off the drive. 
    Do you guys have E85 up there?
  • Here and there, I believe. We produce millions of gallons of corn fuel.
    I have a signature.
  • I’m gonna bring some unique China stuff this year.!
  • Tom_S said:
    JR - Do we need to register somewhere for the event? Do you need any amplification devices? I have 2 Crown XLS2K's in a small rack I could throw in the car. They are for sale too!

Backup amplifiers are always a good idea.  Remember what happened when the Theta went to sleep last year.  Curt C. came to the rescue with his Hafler XL-280, which he just happened to have for sale!!

I'll bring my 24" cheapy pine speaker stands, which we used in Iowa a couple years ago.  Will also bring my Matrix Revolution speakers, which I plan to have up and running next week.   I have an extra pair of 15 ft long 16 gauge OFC speaker cables with dual banana jacks on each end.  I'll throw those in the car.  Always want to have an extra set of cables, in case something breaks.    Bill

• The Dreadnaught is many things, but it will blow fuses when people short nanners.

PM for my number if you need help finding the place etc.
    I have a signature.
  • Bill - I'm looking forward to seeing & hearing your Matrix speakers. 
     JR - I'm hoping to get there on Friday afternoon. Will you be at the venue most of the day? It's 221 N Marion Rd, correct?
  • I'll be available, yes.
    I have a signature.