Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

PE flash sale

edited December 2017 in DIY
If someone ever wanted to build Wolf's Stances, both the RS125 and the Beston tweeter are on sale right now for $25.  So $100 for the drivers + xo parts.  Not bad!

Comments

• Can you post a screenshot of your parts list thats a good deal? 
  • You'll have to check with Wolf.  I don't have his xo schematic or a parts list.  I was only saying that for a mear $100 you can buy both woofers and both tweeters.  I can't imagine the xo parts are too expensive if you use Audyn caps.
  • The excellent DX25 is on sale for $15, and the Vifa BC25TG15-04 is on sale for $10. Some Peerless mids and woofers on sale, as well. If I was not loaded up with drivers right now - I would be all over those DX25...
    I have a signature.
  • I need to stop buying stuff im backlogfed like 5 builds lol
  • The 4 and 8 ohm low-pass crossovers are on sale for $12/ea. The 8ohm comes with a 20awg (0.8mm) 21mH coil and 170uF NPE. The 4ohm version comes with a 19awg (0.9mm) 11mH coil and a 350uF NPE. $12 for either is a decent deal for scavenging those larger value components. 
    I have a signature.
  •    Yea, seen that sale and thought wow, some decent deals on some decent drivers.  Might should pick some up.  Then I head out to the shed and there's better than a dozen drivers sitting in boxes waiting ...
    kennyk
  • jr@mac said:
    The excellent DX25 is on sale for $15, and the Vifa BC25TG15-04 is on sale for $10. Some Peerless mids and woofers on sale, as well. If I was not loaded up with drivers right now - I would be all over those DX25...
    I am definitely going to buy a pair of the DX25's.
  • Kornbread said:
       Yea, seen that sale and thought wow, some decent deals on some decent drivers.  Might should pick some up.  Then I head out to the shed and there's better than a dozen drivers sitting in boxes waiting ...
    A dozen? Amateur... :-p
    Nicholas_23Kornbread
    I have a signature.
  • edited December 2017
    I pulled the trigger on a pair of the DX25's tweeters , 25 dollar amazon gift card brought the total down to 12 dollars and some change. Pretty happy about that deal. Curious what builds are out there that use them , has to be a few considering the price of a decent tweeter and the time theyve been around. Curious where folks have crossed them.

jr@mac
  • I pulled the trigger on a pair of the DX25's tweeters , 25 dollar amazon gift card brought the total down to 12 dollars and some change. Pretty happy about that deal. Curious what builds are out there that use them , has to be a few considering the price of a decent tweeter and the time theyve been around. Curious where folks have crossed them.

Wait...what? PE takes Amazon gift cards??? 
  • It can xover low, very low, but might take some care in getting it there. I xoverd the DX25 at 1650Hz for the MAX project. It's also used in the Amiga.
    Nicholas_23
  • edited December 2017
    ani_101 said:
    Yep - that much I did know. I was hoping they had an arraignment with Amazon on the PE site so you didn't pay shipping for each item.
  • I have about $100 worth of Amazon rewards, hmm...
    I have a signature.
  • Looks like they accepted it .. total before and after gift card.