Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Steak!

Comments

• Short ribs. 
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • They look fantastic
  • Thx, and they taste good too. :3
    Nicholas_23
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    Thx, and they taste good too. :3
    Good thing I had breakfast before looking at the picture.
    kennyk

• Aged 6 weeks at 41f.
    kennykNicholas_23Bryan@MACJasonPS7910
  • edited December 2017

First attempt at porchetta, very tasty.
    D1PP1NPWRRYDR-CarpenterkennykNicholas_23
  • edited December 2017
    Flank steak. Finished in the oven to 125F inside temp. Salt, pepper, thyme and anise.
    PWRRYDSilver1omoS7910kennykNicholas_23

• Grass fed, aged, prime rib-eye bone-in steaks.
    kennykR-Carpenter
    I have a signature.

• Topped with rosemary and butter. 
    Silver1omokennyk
    I have a signature.
  • These cooked weird, one side was as prefect rare, the other side went to medium. Otherwise, effin' delish. 
    I have a signature.

• Spent some time this snowy PTO day carving a 1/2 loin that has been in my fridge for the last week. This is a great time of year to buy fancy cuts of beef - everyone wants a rib roast it seems - so prices are great if you shop around. I paid $7/lb for the two choice half loins I picked up. I elected to cut true "rib eye" steaks this time around, which leaves me with several of what my wife calls "pinwheels". This is the "money muscle" on what is typically called a rib-eye steak. I also have a pound or so of very nice nibblers (at the top of the bottom photo), as well as a bag of fatty trimmings that I can use to start an au jus for the other rib roast I have waiting for me. We like to eat one time off the roast - and then make French Dip sandwiches with the leftovers. 

I will wrap the pinwheels in bacon. 

The rib eyes will be grilled tonight. There is something magical about grilling on a dark, snowy night. My parents are in town, and I am afraid the weather will cancel their additional travel plans so... 

No, I do not clean my stove very often. I am a slob - but I am also usually cooking in there, so don't give me any shit.
    D1PP1NkennykR-CarpenterMartyHNicholas_23S7910
    I have a signature.

• Bone in pork loin. Brown sugar, salt and spices for dry rub. 3 hours at 280.
    Juicy and delicious.
    Nicholas_23kennyk

• Bone in pork loin. Brown sugar, salt and spices for dry rub. 3 hours at 280.
    Juicy and delicious.
    Yup

• Tent it midway ?

• then pull the foil?
  • Seasoned and chilling, mother-nature style. Grill is warming, parents on their way.

Nicholas_23kennyk
    I have a signature.
  • Tent it midway ?

How do you mean? Pork loin was done in the regular gas oven. I am city dweller. No smoker here, unfortunately. Is there more trickery to slow roast in the oven?
  • Oh, I think I am going to Duck for Christmas.
    kennyk
  • Tent it midway ?

How do you mean? Pork loin was done in the regular gas oven. I am city dweller. No smoker here, unfortunately. Is there more trickery to slow roast in the oven?
    Nah , was jut curious how to kept the top from burning. Thats TV worthy there sir
    R-Carpenter
  • Eeew, what's that? Oyster stew
    jr@mac
  • Bass ackwards
  • Looks good even tho I've never had oyster in my life.
  • Seafood Yuck!!! Lol, everytime i try to eat seafood i feel like im going to hurl. 
  • I like seafood. Bit of butter and garlic with lobster goes well with me. Just never had oyster.
  • All the ingredients are in the pics if you want to give it a try sir. Super easy 
    kennyk
  • I love me some oysters - really grosses the kid out! 
    I have a signature.
  • Look what I can get at Sam's Club here in SIoux Falls:

Also: to their right are bone-in veal ribeyes. They have veal for Wienerschnitzel and Osso Bucco, as well. Also a good selection of Berkshire pork (always a good thing). Amazing how they stepped up their game, here. 
    Silver1omosquamishdrockennyk
    I have a signature.
  • Some top sirloin for dinner with blue cheese, mushies, and some veggies.
    kennykR-Carpenter

• Hey guys. Need suggestions on cooking this steak. No grill here so either cast iron pan or oven or a combination.
    So, the label says it's veal and in my experience veal likes to be slow cooked in the oven with some souse. On the other hand, it is apparently steak.
    Looks like it's got some fat as well. Perhaps, sear it on very high heat and slow roast for a while with potatoes and onions?
    Need ideas.
    squamishdroc