Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• Shall I? Probably - I am finally getting my own office at work in the coming weeks. I will need a set of cans when I do all my maintenance manager shit.
    I have a signature.
  • The band to cup mechanism reminds me of my Sony V700DJ cans.

That's a great price at any rate...

• JR, get the 3-year protection plan for $1.85.  We know you!
  • Not sure what you are trying to say here, Marty. I am not the kind of guy who breaks things. 
    Bryan@MAC
    I have a signature.
  • If you can find this "Update: Clip the 15% off coupon on the product page to drop it to $15.90" it will drop the price even more . I couldnt find it 
  • I ordered a set, and added this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HERNVFM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I can remove the speakers and Lepai gristle brick from my desk. Hope the little DAC/headphone amp is alright. I have been burned a few times on cheap gear like this - the Behringer UMC202 for example, has the noisiest output stage ever, worse than a GPX boombox from 1992. Junk. 

Will update when all is in-house.

I will hopefully being doing my maintenance manager shit in audio bliss soon. 
    I have a signature.
  • In for a pair.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I plan to compare them directly to the last set of cans I bought for less than $20, which were the Mono price over-the-ear set. They are still in use on Mrs. JR's home PC. I listen to them once in awhile and am still impressed - especially given the cost. I hope these are a step up - I like nice sound when I am doing maintenance manager shit.

I have a signature.
  • I don't have other cans to compare these to but for the money , I think these sound great.
  • Damn , back up to 100 bucks!
  • Got mine yesterday..... pretty good buy. Did have a damaged screw down in the right side.....Oh well.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Lol. I bought a pair of these for my nephew. I might keep them now. 
    kennyk
    My signature goes here
  • So I caved and gave these to my nephew, Aaron (https://aaronshariq.com).  He's an inspiring sportscaster and the big brother to my little niece who many of you have seen me in social media pics with beers, wines, etc.  It's fucking fun to do that.  Anyway, many thanks @Nicholas_23, Aaron loves them and gave me an instant thumbs up when he auditioned the cans.  Now I wish I had bought a few extra.  
    My signature goes here
  • I had them in my cart and I changed my mind, ordering a different pair of open backed cans. I love finding amazing cheap headphones, but you have to go through quite a few to find something that agrees with your ears. I should have just gotten these when the price was so low. 

I found some clones (who cloned who?) for $50 on Amazon. Can anyone give us a review of these?
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    So I caved and gave these to my nephew, Aaron (https://aaronshariq.com).  He's an inspiring sportscaster and the big brother to my little niece who many of you have seen me in social media pics with beers, wines, etc.  It's fucking fun to do that.  Anyway, many thanks @Nicholas_23, Aaron loves them and gave me an instant thumbs up when he auditioned the cans.  Now I wish I had bought a few extra. 

Im kind of wishing I did too , at least one other pair for the kid or as a backup. Glad hear he digs them!
  • I should have bought an extra or two - these are pretty nice. Competitive with the Sennheiser I have and definitely better than the Monoprice cans. 
    I have a signature.
  • edited November 2017
     Picked up boy a pair of Samson sr850's to replace his old Superlux hd661's, or were they hd668's?  Anyhow, same kind of sound, treble is a little better.  Bass heads will love the cans; deep and clean.  Nothing offensive about their sound at all.  If you're a Grado die-hard you may not like their sound, otherwise they're pretty darn good for little $.     
  • These are back to $20 at the moment.
    D1PP1N
    I have a signature.
  • Thx i have the dac and headphones in my cart. JR that dac u linked do you think the coax will work with a record player? 
    dcibel
  • Here's another option if you don't mind supra-aural cans - the original Noontec Zoros are going super cheap since the mkii came out. Tyll at Innerfidelity gave them a good review. He seems to be a straight shooter and was right on the mark about the Creative Aurvana Live cans I bought.

https://www.amazon.com/Noontec-Adjustable-Earphone-Headphone-Cellphone/dp/B007OWRSLQ/ref=pd_sbs_23_4?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B007OWRSLQ&pd_rd_r=63FGF5D4CX1PMABH718V&pd_rd_w=5A6TV&pd_rd_wg=HHVMa&psc=1&refRID=63FGF5D4CX1PMABH718V
  • I know absolutely nothing about record players, Mike, beyond understanding they require a specific type of preamp to function properly. This DAC does not have what is known as a phono preamp or stage, so unless your turntable has the built in it will not work. Not sure it will work in any event as the coaxial is a digital input - copper instead of fiber. 
    D1PP1N
    I have a signature.
  • Any recommendations on cheap Bluetooth set? Pops wants one for New Years. His hearing is not the best at 75.
  • Check out Wirecutter.com - the $30 Jlab Neon is their budget pick. I got our youngest the Jabra Move, their top pick, for Christmas. I'm sure I'll get a chance to audition those on Monday. 
    R-Carpenter
  • jr@mac said:
    I know absolutely nothing about record players, Mike, beyond understanding they require a specific type of preamp to function properly. This DAC does not have what is known as a phono preamp or stage, so unless your turntable has the built in it will not work. Not sure it will work in any event as the coaxial is a digital input - copper instead of fiber. 
    Ok i ordered the akai cans and the dac headphone amp. Hopefully it works with my xbox optical out. 
  • Got the cans and dac on my bday yesterday. Spent a few hours gaming with them and its an improvement over my corsair headphones, they seem a little better than my monoprice headphones and audio technica ones as well. I think they are a little heavier and dont fit me snuggly. My head is too small!