Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

IowaDIY 2016

Comments

• I need a stereo line out or RCA out for my active speakers. I think JP mentioned that would be possible. Alternatively, I can play the house track from my Flac player.
  • I have been on the fence but I am coming, thinking of making it a day trip up and back.
  • JR I did not get your email.  Got the previous two.

Tom, not sure if Pete Schumacher was looking for a ride/ share.  PM me if you want his email.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • John - we'll get another email out later today.
    My signature goes here
  • For Iowa exhibitors, please look for an email later this afternoon with the demo upload link.  In order to get all the demos organized for the show we need your uploaded demo this weekend if possible.  Sorry for the last minute notification, but we had a bit of trouble with our website host and permissioning space for the uploads.  Long story that we can talk about at the hotel if anyone really cares.  Thanks.
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan, if it'll make life easier I'll just use the same demo I used last year if you guys still have it on file.
  • S7910 said:
    Bryan, if it'll make life easier I'll just use the same demo I used last year if you guys still have it on file.
    The one that leads off with Toccata and Fugue yeah?  I sent it to Jason.  Thanks.
    My signature goes here
  • Attendees - check your emails please.  Thanks.
    My signature goes here
  • Upload done, hope everyone likes Blackstreet...
  • My upload is also done.  We'll see how the handpan track goes...
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • A question to all planning to attend:  I am bringing an amp for the main show Saturday, but won't be rolling in until 9:30-10:00 pm on Friday due to other travel commitments.  Will there be other amps available for Friday listening?  

If not I can send mine along with the "other Scott", but I won't subject him to that unless it is necessary.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Good, seems Xdemo is working ok in its limited capacity. I'll first add Profile functions and allow users to change their passwords in the coming weeks. Then I can start adding additional function more in line with what I envision the software to do. Thanks guys!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • ScottS said:
    A question to all planning to attend:  I am bringing an amp for the main show Saturday, but won't be rolling in until 9:30-10:00 pm on Friday due to other travel commitments.  Will there be other amps available for Friday listening?  

If not I can send mine along with the "other Scott", but I won't subject him to that unless it is necessary.
    That is a good question. I'll see what I can find out.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    S7910 said:
    Bryan, if it'll make life easier I'll just use the same demo I used last year if you guys still have it on file.
    The one that leads off with Toccata and Fugue yeah?  I sent it to Jason.  Thanks.
    That'd be the one! Now let's see how bass heavy these things are ... :p
  • Unfortunately something has come up and I'm going to miss this year's Iowa event.  Have a great time.  See some of you at InDIYana next Spring.
    MikeJennens
  • Did the test track get sent out this weekend?
  • PWRRYD said:
    Unfortunately something has come up and I'm going to miss this year's Iowa event.  Have a great time.  See some of you at InDIYana next Spring.
    Unacceptable
    I have a signature.
  •     I have a pair of 24" speakers stands that I can bring along.  (These stands appeared on the cover of Speaker Builder magazine back in 1991! :) ).   Do you still need a pair?

I uploaded my demo.  It consists of 5 short selections from a live performance that I recorded in 1975 using my Crown SX-724 "semi-pro" reel-to-reel tape recorder (high speed, 15ips).  I recently transferred the master tapes to high rez 24/96 digital.  Only 2 microphones were used to make the recording. 

• Bryan, will you be streaming the event this year?
  • PWRRYD said:
    Unfortunately something has come up and I'm going to miss this year's Iowa event.  Have a great time.  See some of you at InDIYana next Spring.
    What?!?!?!

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • Not streaming the event.  I can, however, bring an amp for Friday night.
    My signature goes here
  • 4thtry said:

I have a pair of 24" speakers stands that I can bring along.  (These stands appeared on the cover of Speaker Builder magazine back in 1991! :) ).   Do you still need a pair?

I uploaded my demo.  It consists of 5 short selections from a live performance that I recorded in 1975 using my Crown SX-724 "semi-pro" reel-to-reel tape recorder (high speed, 15ips).  I recently transferred the master tapes to high rez 24/96 digital.  Only 2 microphones were used to make the recording. 

Bring the stands, Bill. Thank you.
    I have a signature.
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    Not streaming the event.  I can, however, bring an amp for Friday night.
    Please bring an amp.  Looking forward to the weekend!

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • The forecast for Saturday is temps in the mid 70's with a slight chance of showers. 

Ron
  • wow, really nice.... and sunday too... so the drive back will also be nice
  • Is the parking off of 10th street?  I assume we can drop off on 8th in front of the building?
  • Half way there. Bismarck to Brookings today. In the morning we'really stopping at the Woodsmith Store in Clive, Iowa and then heading to Grinnell. Looking forward to hanging with other speaker geeks for a day and a half.
  • Really wish I could be there this weekend :'( Have a great time guys!
  • I'M biting my lip until pictures and a critique are posted. Have a great time guys!
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Is the parking off of 10th street?  I assume we can drop off on 8th in front of the building?
    Per Doug:

"For parking check out this map:

We are in the Rosenfield center (JRC) that is on the north side of 8th Avenue. There is a pull out where people can pull off the street to unload. There is also a ramp along the front of the building that two wheeled carts can use. The best parking will be on the south side of 8th Ave but it will fill up quick. Then they can park on Park street south of 8th Ave or the big lot on the south side of 10th Ave. The pull out is short term only and they will ticket if someone leaves a car there for an hour or two. We are in room 101 it is at the west end of the building."

Seeya all soon.
    I have a signature.