Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What to do with KABLAMM!!

edited April 2019 in DIY

Most of you knew Matt Bunn (musicformatt). His mother is still in process trying to clean out some of his things. For those that don't know what KABLAMM!! was/is, it was a 4^ft3 dual-opposed subwoofer that was quite capable utilizing 2 of these:

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-definimax-4012ulf-8-12-cast-frame-driver--290-4510

It gets low and loud, and is quite agile in bass reproduction. Matt liked it a lot, sometimes even more than the dual 18" he had.

So- The KABLAMM!! has to go. If any of you want to make an offer, that is okay, but be advised this will not be shipped. It is fully Line-X coated, with rubber feet and handles. You can also make suggestions about what to do if you are not interested.

Thanks,

Ben and Mary

Comments

• Trying to attach photos/files, but when I save they don't show up.
  • The attachments are broke in this forum. It is a bug I've been working on for a while now, and it is being pesky. Weird thing is, it just stopped working at some point (worked fine at setup).

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • My signature goes here
  • That would be a kickass car sub too, but the dimensions aren't too trunk friendly, IIRC. It's a bit on the large side.
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    That would be a kickass car sub too, but the dimensions aren't too trunk friendly, IIRC. It's a bit on the large side.
    That's like a Sprinter van sized sub =)
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    That would be a kickass car sub too, but the dimensions aren't too trunk friendly, IIRC. It's a bit on the large side.
    That's like a Sprinter van sized sub =)
    It would be awesome in an SUV - for those guys not minding sacrificing the space. I’ve seen such poor utilization of space when it comes to auto subs. TBH this sub would murder a lot of the SUV car stereo setups I’ve seen. 
    My signature goes here
  • It really is amazing what it's capable of. Thanks for the photo, Bryan!

It fit in the Magnum- barely; just well enough for transport. It's also not very light as it's a heavy beast.