Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Discogs and online digital music

Never ordered any music online before.  

Just ordered MoFi Brothers in Arms and some Diana Krall on vinyl, from Discogs.  Anyone have advice on using Discogs? 

And what about hi-rez downloads of the digital variety.  Where do you guys shop and who has the best prices and selection? 

Comments

• edited April 2019
    I've used Discogs a couple times, but not enough to offer any advice.  I had good experiences both times though.  Good prices and accurate condition descriptions.

Dan
  • All of my vinyl is of the flea-market or yard-sale variety and I figured it was time to get some clean virgin grooves to plow. 

Oddly enough, when you purchase something at DisCogs, the seller has to contact you at a later date with the total price including s&h.   
  • edited April 2019
    Hi res stuff can be found at https://www.hdtracks.com  

They have a pretty extensive selection. Prices vary depending on the degree of resolution but do note that not everything they offer is high resolution.

If you’d like I can share some titles so you can get an idea of the quality. Give me some idea of the genres you prefer and I will dig something up from my library. 
    jholtzJasonP
    My signature goes here
  • I've also used Discogs a few times, never had any problems. Lots of unusual stuff you can't find here from favorite artists.
  • @Bryan@MAC   Have about 200+ flea-market classical lp so I'm good there for a while.  Burnt out on Jan and Dean, CCR, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Beatles, and Clapton, and the like for some time.   

For the new stuff I've just been using Spotify.  Sound quality is ok but when listening to something I also have on cd ... it's not that hard to tell the difference. 

Some things on heavy Spotify rotation I'd like to have on vinyl or hd: Natalie Merchant>Leave Your Sleep>The Peppery Man , Journey>Escape>Who's Crying Now, and I've really been on an Orbital kick as of late, especially the Monsters Exist (deluxe) album>both versions of Tiny Foldable Cities.  All the lower to upper bass lines in Orbital help illuminate anomalies in the speaker's bottom end ... and I'm a basshead. 

As far as modern'ish stuff; 5Finger Death Punch, Toto, (The Presidents of the United States of America>Lump sounds like poop but I can't get enough of it?!) Cars, Gary Numan, OSI, Halsey, and of course Pink Floyd.              
  • @Kornbread I sent you a PM.
    My signature goes here