Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What to do with KABLAMM!!

edited April 7 in DIY

Most of you knew Matt Bunn (musicformatt). His mother is still in process trying to clean out some of his things. For those that don't know what KABLAMM!! was/is, it was a 4^ft3 dual-opposed subwoofer that was quite capable utilizing 2 of these:

https://www.parts-express.com/eminence-definimax-4012ulf-8-12-cast-frame-driver--290-4510

It gets low and loud, and is quite agile in bass reproduction. Matt liked it a lot, sometimes even more than the dual 18" he had.

So- The KABLAMM!! has to go. If any of you want to make an offer, that is okay, but be advised this will not be shipped. It is fully Line-X coated, with rubber feet and handles. You can also make suggestions about what to do if you are not interested.

Thanks,

Ben and Mary

Comments

• Trying to attach photos/files, but when I save they don't show up.
  • The attachments are broke in this forum. It is a bug I've been working on for a while now, and it is being pesky. Weird thing is, it just stopped working at some point (worked fine at setup).

= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • My signature goes here
  • That would be a kickass car sub too, but the dimensions aren't too trunk friendly, IIRC. It's a bit on the large side.
    My signature goes here
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    That would be a kickass car sub too, but the dimensions aren't too trunk friendly, IIRC. It's a bit on the large side.
    That's like a Sprinter van sized sub =)
  • Bryan@MAC said:
    That would be a kickass car sub too, but the dimensions aren't too trunk friendly, IIRC. It's a bit on the large side.
    That's like a Sprinter van sized sub =)
    It would be awesome in an SUV - for those guys not minding sacrificing the space. I’ve seen such poor utilization of space when it comes to auto subs. TBH this sub would murder a lot of the SUV car stereo setups I’ve seen. 
    My signature goes here
  • It really is amazing what it's capable of. Thanks for the photo, Bryan!

It fit in the Magnum- barely; just well enough for transport. It's also not very light as it's a heavy beast.