Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Amp rack build

Local fraternity needed a new rack. They needed something smaller and more portable than the Grunding unit they had. It weighed in around 140 lbs with the two Crown Comtech 36x12 amps in place. 

A single Crown XLS2000 is more than sufficient for their needs now, but I left enough room to add a second should the need/desire arrive. 

The board is an older Gemini but works ok and since most of what they do is party music and background, a bluetooth device is enough. 

Unfortunately, the JBL TR225s have seen better days. One cabinet, built in the US, has a blown tweeter and woofers that aren't far behind. The other, built in the UK, has a front baffle that has started to separate and you can actually see the side walls flex! Ugh! Cost wise, its not worth the money for them to pay me to repair them. Cheaper to just replace the whole thing. The woofers between the cabinets are different models with different mags and baskets. The cones are the same. The ports are plastic and one piece qith the waveguide Smallest port i have ever seen for a 15, let alone 2. 

D1PP1NSilver1omo

Comments