Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

AXPONA - Chicago April 12-14

2»

Comments

• Axpona is next weekend. A few passes are still available - message me for comp code.

Sadly, there's not enough interest for a meet & greet lunch, so there won't be a hotel conference room this time around.

However, the awesome dudes at CSS, @DanP and @NavyGuy, have offered for us to use their exhibit room as a meeting spot and possible after hours demo spot. That being said, for those of you who are interested in meeting for a quick hello and possible cocktail, please meet at the CSS room (474) at 1pm on Saturday.

The exhibit ends officially at 6pm on Saturday, but if anyone will be hanging around afterwards, again, meet at the CSS room for some after hours fun. There's no agenda....most likely just loud music and craft beer. Does that qualify as an agenda?

My signature goes here
  • I WILL be attending next year. Alas, I committed to Indy - lots of people there I want to reconnect with. 
    I have a signature.
  • I'll see you at Indy this year JR and AXPONA next year then!  Like Bryan said, anyone who will be there this year meet us in room 474!

Dan
    Bryan@MAC
  • will be at Axpona, but missing Indy this year
  • Darn. See you in the Summer, Ani!
  • edited April 2019
    In case anyone is just now checking this thread, the plan is to meet in the CSS room- 474 at 1pm tomorrow (Saturday) for a quick hello and of course a CSS product demo while we are all there, imposing. 

If anyone will be there after the show, we can reconvene at the CSS room for some after hours fun. Thanks again to @DanP and @NavyGuy for sharing their space. 

See y’all tomorrow. 
    My signature goes here

• Gowakennykjholtzrjj45JasonPThumperTom
    My signature goes here
  • Will there be any video?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • kennyk said:
    Will there be any video?
    Nah. Not from me. You have to fly in some time for this. Would be a good time. 
    My signature goes here
  • Maybe next year.
  • edited April 2019
    Sexy Satori coax at Madisound. Not on the market yet    
    My signature goes here
  • It's been on their website since late last year.
  • Ooh la-la.. dems fuckin sweet !
  • Everyone drooling over the gear. There maybe some broken piggy banks soon. 😉
  • Had a great time at Axpona. Thanks to the folks who made it out and met up in the CSS room and many thanks to @DanP and @NavyGuy for letting us use their space as the meeting place. 

I had had a short meeting with Liz Miller, who now runs the show. She really likes us DIY guys and I think she understands the synergies between DIY and commercial. Anyway, I’m confident we will have more free weekend passes next year as well. So let’s plan way ahead and make next year’s turnout bigger and better.

Didn’t take any real pics so this thread is going to die soon. However you can check out @JavadS doing the robot to Metallica here:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/DIYLoudspeakerProjecPad/permalink/813880898967749/

kennykJasonP
    My signature goes here
  • edited April 2019
    I missed this year and now regret it... Javad doing the robot? Come on!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • No pics.....no critiques........no comments? 
    Just another audio show?
  • Here is a picture of some nice speakers.

And here is another with a very expensive power strip that has a macbook charger to help balance any power issues.   =) 

I forgot, the pyramid isolators are suppose to do something, but seemed more of a hazard when the CD player tried to tip over.
    kennykrjj45
  • So did anyone get to hear the Magico A3s ?
  • It was nice to meet you Tom!  You gonna make it to InDIYana next weekend?
  • edited April 2019
    DanP said:
    It was nice to meet you Tom!  You gonna make it to InDIYana next weekend?
    It was good meeting you too, I will not be able to make it. Taking the wife to see Aziz Ansari for her Christmas gift.