Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Holiday Giveaway from RAD

edited December 2018 in Announcements
It's Holiday giveaway time!! 

Just reply to this post and tell us who your favorite driver manufacturer is or what your favorite driver is and you'll be automatically entered for a chance to win a 48-component crossover builder's pack from Rhythm Audio Design (RAD). The caps and resistors are from Rival's new product line.

Rival Polar Capacitors are audiophile grade with 400 VDC and tolerance of ± 3%. They employ extreme quality foil which has high temperature resistance, superb acoustical quality, very low dissipation factor and stable capacitance. The Rival Endura resistors are designed specifically for premium audio applications. Focusing on signal purity, these non-inductive resistors offer a precision tolerance of ± 2% with power rating of 16 watts. Caps range in size from 2.2uf to 15uf and resistors span a range of 1ohm to 12ohm. 48 components all together!

Many thanks to Leon (@gowa) for making this possible.

https://rhythmaudiodesign.com

FYI - we are also running this giveaway on Facebook. So if you like our page and comment there as well, you'll have twice the chance of winning! How Christmassy is that?  

Here are some pics to drool over while you contemplate your favorite driver company. We'll pull a winner from the virtual hat on Saturday.

Good luck everyone and Happy Holidays to you and your families!!

My signature goes here

Comments

• My favorite driver is the Dayton RS225P - 8.  While it may lack some of the edge of the aluminum version it is perfect for me.  The midrange is all there and the bass gives me what i want in terms of bass response.  It is well suited to the 2 way designed by JR.
  • ESS Heil tweeter
    Gowa
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Sorry Gowa, but my favorite would be the planar bass, mid, and tweets, of the full range Apogee Acoustics.  One of these days I'll be rich and can afford to get my old pair rebuilt.   
  • Kornbread said:
    Sorry Gowa, but my favorite would be the planar bass, mid, and tweets, of the full range Apogee Acoustics.  One of these days I'll be rich and can afford to get my old pair rebuilt.   
    Mine is the Eton 8-212/C8/37
  • My favourite driver (and please exclude me from the drawing) of all time is the Radio Shack 40-1011A, for reasons.
    I have a signature.
  • Tang Band W4-1320SIF.
    rjj45Turn2
  • Favorite driver is the Raal 70-10D tweeter, close second is the SS rev 9900 tweeter. My favorite brand ends up being Dayton as I'm frugal but I'm trending toward SB Acoustics.  Please note that none of those tweeters would be in the same room as the Dayton drivers, but the SB Acoustics would be...
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Favourite manufacturer I suppose would have to be Peerless, only because I've spent the most time out of anything listening to the HDS exclusives, 830883 and 830884, as well at the HDS tweeter. Moving forward that may change to Wavecor if I get some time next spring to build something new.

Gowa
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I have been really impressed with SB Acoustics products recently.  The little polymer frame drivers, particularly the SB12PAC, are excellent values and those ceramic cones can hang with anything out there.  I feel like a couple of mids deserve special mention - the 3" Tang Band mid dome is crazy good, as is the BG Neo 8.
    rjj45Gowa
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • SB has been killing it lately.
  • Like dcibel, I'm a Peerless guy too. They offer such a wide range and even the budget stuff usually performs well above my expectations. I'm going to try more SB drivers in future builds and I'm sure they will perform just as well.
    dcibelGowa
  • Heck, even my very first DIY Speaker was an all Peerless build using 850122 and 811815 :)
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited December 2018
    dcibel said:
    Favourite manufacturer I suppose would have to be Peerless, only because I've spent the most time out of anything listening to the HDS exclusives, 830883 and 830884, as well at the HDS tweeter. Moving forward that may change to Wavecor if I get some time next spring to build something new.

That HDS tweeter is certainly sweet and good bang for the buck.
  • SB Acoustics.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Boy, where do I start? I like a lot of drivers.

Some of my faves:

RT1.3, XT25TG30, 25-1743S, N26MGR-G, RT5002, 9900, 2905/6400.

RSS210HF-4, W6-1139, Anarchy6, Extremis, DCS165, UM10-22, 830884, L26ROY, 830500.

TSCW636, W4-1798S, 15W/8530K00, LW5004, 9845, F6, 15CAC.

• Peerless HDS
    Gowa
  • I haven't built enough speakers to have formed a firm opinion or liking, but have been collecting a lot of different drivers. Right now the speaker i am listing to every day has a SB ploy woofer and a CSS tweeter.
  • Morel MDM 55/CAM 558.
  • Anything Audax Aerogel with a cast frame, SCHWING!!!
  • Morel Drivers
    and thanks !
  • BG Neo 8
  • I’ve always been a fan of vifa drivers (still good now, but particularly when vifa was still Scandinavian, like the old PL drivers). Thanks!
    Gowa
  • I'm a bit of a SB Acoustics guy =)
  • SB Acoustics and Peerless getting a lot of votes on Facebook. Oddly enough, not too many Dayton mentions, but we still have a few days to go. Keep the comments rolling. Thanks!
    My signature goes here
  • Scan Speak 2905/9500.  My Favorite!
  • Wolf said:

Boy, where do I start? I like a lot of drivers.

Some of my faves:

RT1.3, XT25TG30, 25-1743S, N26MGR-G, RT5002, 9900, 2905/6400.

RSS210HF-4, W6-1139, Anarchy6, Extremis, DCS165, UM10-22, 830884, L26ROY, 830500.

TSCW636, W4-1798S, 15W/8530K00, LW5004, 9845, F6, 15CAC.

Naming 20 drivers doesn't give you 20 entries Junior.  
  • Oh, go poke some more holes in your cheesehead, Cheesehead! :)
    MartyH
  • Why, Rival Acoustics of course--you cannot beat their prices, sound, or customer service!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
    JasonPrjj45
  • I'm tired of being a test pilot for parts express. 
    rjj45Bryan@MACkennyk
  • D1PP1N said:
    I'm tired of being a test pilot for parts express. 
    This isn't a PE giveaway...

I have a signature.