Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (2)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

All Goldwood TM

edited December 2018 in DIY
I started this project right after Iowa to try and get one last build in this year.

Drivers are the Goldwood GT-510 tweeter and Goldwood S650 8 ohm woofer. For simplicity and expediency I used the PE .23 cu ft knockdown cabinet. This alignment works, but will require a sub for most applications.

I cheated a little with the crossover to help "boost" bass output a bit for when they are running full range - finally had the time for that last week. For the woofer I used a 4mH iron core in series with the woofer and put an 8 ohm 15watt resistor in parallel with the inductor. For the tweeter I used a 4 uF capacitor in series with the tweeter and a .25mH inductor in parallel with the tweeter. The tweeter is in reverse polarity.

I used a small amount of polyfill behind the woofers, probably about 2oz or so per side at most.

Sorry for the crappy shot. The finish is Rustoleum Black Stainless Steel spray paint, and it's a royal pain to get ye olde pointe and shoot to focus on it properly. This was the best I could get it to do.

jr@macD1PP1NGowaNicholas_23kennyk

Comments

• I believe that tweeter is identical to the so-called GRS 1TD1-8. If it is, I have no doubt that you ended up with a surprisingly nice sounding monitor. The other GRS dome is absolute garbage, but the 1TD1-8 is actually pretty nice. I believe people who lived with the Cabrini Redux would agree ;)
    I have a signature.