Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Baffle faceplates?

Do you think there would be any interest in these if they were mass produced? I got side tracked last night. Not this particular one but ones for popular drivers.
kenrhodes

Comments

• Ld22? The baffle looks pretty sick dude. How tricky was that too design in aspire/vcarve? I have a baffle job with a rounded facet that I will need to start working on. 
  • Dave Pellegrene tried to make a go of selling wave guides and combo baffles.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • The tweeter is a Peerless OX20 and woofer a silver flute. Michael the baffle took about 1.5 hrs the cut 3 pcs. I used a end mill stepped very close so when it was done a little 80 grit knocked the edge off easy. Thanks John I wasn’t aware anybody has try it, just a thought.
  • I think It is pretty much all about price.   ;)
  • IME your main market might be mainly DIY guys... and we are pretty much a bunch of cheap bastards.
    hifisidejr@macGowakennyk
  • Ouch, 1.5 hours per baffle = alot of money per. I can usually knock out a set of cabinets in that timeframe depending on the size. 
    Gowa
  • Each baffle would not be cnc’ed. One baffle One mold. Thinking injected polymer with a 50% popular wood mixture.
  • hifiside said:
    Each baffle would not be cnc’ed. One baffle One mold. Thinking injected polymer with a 50% popular wood mixture.
    You are going to mold one baffle at a time?
  • edited December 2018
    You need to find a manufacturer that could benefit mass produced baffles. It would be a losing proposition on multiple ( custom ) baffles. They are super sexy.   ;)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.