Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Help with identifying tube

Any tube dudes out there know what brand this is? Thanks

My signature goes here

Comments

• Russian military.
  • edited November 2018
    So...nothing special right? Must be tons of these out there.

The 6DJ8 Mullard I used in my tube buffer died and this (Russian tube) apparently was the original that came with the unit.
    My signature goes here
  • I wouldn't hesitate to use it.  Some of those Russian tubes are very good.
  • This is the 6DJ8 that I am currently using in my preamp.  It sounds really great:

https://tubedepot.com/products/6dj8-ecc88-jan-sylvania

• Bryan, if you feel like "rolling" a few different brands of 6DJ8 tubes I am your man.  I think Tom S also has a stock of these tubes.
  • Is that actually a 6N1P? If so, those that I've come across are really good sounding tubes...but that was back when Svetlana was still in business. 

I do have a bunch of 6DJ8's - mostly orange globe Amperex or Bugle Boy. Most were good pulls from old tube scopes and medical equipment. Not sure if I have any Mullards. Do you just need one Bryan? Heck, if it's a single, I'll just send one. Not sure what brand it might be, but I'll run a few through the tube tester to find one that's decently balanced side to side.
  • Found the tube you have pictured - it's a Shuguang 6N1(P). It's not a true sub for the 6DJ8 - it's pinout is the same and I think most operating points are in the ballpark. But I do know they draw more heater current and that can be a problem in some gear designed for the 6DJ8. If you run it, check your power transformer to make sure it's not starting to cook.
  • Wow. Good stuff thanks guys. 

The only gear I have that uses tubes is a Yaqin CD1 and yeah it only has one tube. It’s supposed to be compatible with 6N1 as well as 6DJ8s. 

So do all 6N1 tubes draw more current?

I’d love to try a couple different tubes just for fun. 
    My signature goes here
  • From what I understand, the 6N1 (Chinese) is the same basic tube as the 6N1P (Russian). They draw twice the heater current of a 6DJ8, about 600ma.  The 6N11 is a copy of the 6922, which is an industrial grade 6DJ8. Same heater current as the 6DJ8. 

PM me your address and I'll test a few tubes this weekend and send something your way. They might not be pretty, but I'll test them for microphonics in my little tube linestage too.

• Good call Tom!  I missed it by this --------------- much  :#
  • In your defense, it took some creative googling to even find a picture of that tube.
  • edited November 2018
    I just went through my tube stock and I have a pair of chinese 6N2(J) that have the same factory logo (3 bars star 3 bars).