Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Dayton EMM-6 and Blue Icicle

The Dayton is not correctly calibrated - it is from when Dayton was selling a bunch of crap. The mic itself works just fine, but the supplied calibration file is crap. I can take a measurement with this and then a properly calibrated mic and overlay. It should let the end user generate their own cal file, or I could take a little time and create on myself (but I will probably bump the price up a few dollars to do so, it seems tedious). Either way, with a little work it will be just fine.

The Blue Icicle currently has adhesive from some gaffers tape where I had it secured for a live recording session a few years ago. The end cap is loose, but can be glued or taped in place. It is just a cap, the internals are not affected. If you do not know what the Blue Icicle is, it turns your basic electret microphone into a USB mic by acting as a USB sound card plus offering phantom power. Slick device. 

Will need to find a USB cable.

Shipped to the lower 48 for $40. If I get real ambitious, I will clean the adhesive off the Blue Icicle and take a couple measurements to help get it closer to calibrated correctly. 

Paypal only
I have a signature.

Comments

• This will be going on PETT for $60 tomorrow...
    I have a signature.
  • I'd be interested in just the Blue Icicle if we can work out a way to get it to Canada inexpensively.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I have no idea what shipping it would cost, plus I kind of want to let it go as a package deal.
    I have a signature.