Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

$39.97

RAD is trying get some 8'' new drivers and needs to make room. So, we figured why piss around.
https://rhythmaudiodesign.com/collections/speaker-woofers
kennykjhollandercssaudio1D1PP1NJasonPThumperTom

Comments

• what's the difference between the three models? what is good for what? midrange, bass, low f3?
  • ani_101 said:
    what's the difference between the three models? what is good for what? midrange, bass, low f3?
    I've got several versions of the Rival 176 with different cones and doping. I broke them in for a while.
    They all seemed to have outstanding bass performance, and good midrange clarity. If I didn't have a 
    full shelf of them, I'd be jumping on this sale.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • A heck of a match with the $25 Dayton tweeters.
  • These drivers are a steal at 100$
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • rjj45 said:
    ani_101 said:
    what's the difference between the three models? what is good for what? midrange, bass, low f3?
    I've got several versions of the Rival 176 with different cones and doping. I broke them in for a while.
    They all seemed to have outstanding bass performance, and good midrange clarity. If I didn't have a 

thanks, trying to figure out which one to go for? too many choices... 12 woofers will be a bit much for all three varieties
  • ani_101 said:
    rjj45 said:
    ani_101 said:

thanks, trying to figure out which one to go for? too many choices... 12 woofers will be a bit much for all three varieties
    While I don't have distortion or listening tests yet, the coated kevlar look outstanding.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • There's not many of the R176-P-08 left.
  • edited November 2018
    Anybody have measured t/s, FR for the coated cone? Any established projects. 
  • We are working on a TM for the R176-KVC-08 with the new Dayton RST28F-4.

• JasonP said:
    ani_101 said:
    rjj45 said:
    ani_101 said:

While I don't have distortion or listening tests yet, the coated kevlar look outstanding.
    Jason, I'm curious to see what you learn. I have 4 of those waiting in the wings. 
  • Gowa said:
    We are working on a TM for the R176-KVC-08 with the new Dayton RST28F-4.

It will be interesting to see the results, I have a very similar build in the works!
    I have a signature.
  • Mine are the -KC, not the -KVC, however. 
    I have a signature.
  • The KVC has a slightly different coating. It appears to be a bit thicker also.

Coming Soon

Woofer: Rival Acoustics  R176-KVC-08

Tweeter: Dayton Audio RST28F-4

Type: TM ported (Stand-Mount)

Volume: Approximately 22 L

Designer: Dennis Murphy

Cabinet Optimized: Paul Kittinger

• So, will the 7" drivers then be NLA?

• Wolf said:

So, will the 7" drivers then be NLA?

Not that I know of. There's so many 7'' drivers on the market it is hard to know what people want. It's great to see the CSS and Anarchy doing well. While the CSS may be a little under priced, the Anarchy is much more so. Great for the DIY community.
  • There does seem to be a glut of awesome 7" drivers around... 5" and 8", though.. ;-)
    rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • Agreed.
    I thought there was a lack of Kevlar drivers in that market and with Usher gone and Scan being so expensive I thought the Carbon/pulp would be a good opportunity. That's why I went for them.
    I've been trying to lock down 8'' and 5.5'' for a year but no luck. The MOQ is too high for most. I' presently trying to get in on some runs that are coming up. It is the only way I can get below the normal MOQ.
    jr@mackonfyoused
  • Gowa said:
    The KVC has a slightly different coating. It appears to be a bit thicker also.

Coming Soon

Woofer: Rival Acoustics  R176-KVC-08

Tweeter: Dayton Audio RST28F-4

Type: TM ported (Stand-Mount)

Volume: Approximately 22 L

Designer: Dennis Murphy

Cabinet Optimized: Paul Kittinger

Since I have both drivers on the shelf and it's a Dennis Murphy design, I'm very interested in this one. Will it be a public project, or can I buy just the plans?
  • Yes, the plans will be on a very special sale for $5,000.00. Previous customers only.
    jr@mac
  • I just called my son to tell him I can't pay his U-bill for the next few months. It's about priorities..
  • I picked up the r176-kb-08. Looks like the upper extension might help it cross to a HiVi RT1.3WE. Or I do have a set of LD22 laying around as well...

• If it will cross to the RT1.3WE I think you will have a VERY nice pair of speakers (ie. I really like my pair of RT1.3WE tweeters).  Can't go wrong with the LD22 either!
  • Hey I missed this sale.  If anyone happens to have an extra pair of R176-KVC-08, I'd love to buy them from you (I'm CONUS)
  • you got mail
  • We received some emails from people who missed this KVC sale and decided to re-post it for a while.
  • This guy is waaaay too nice.  If you don't have a pair of Rival woofers, you owe it to yourself to give them a shot.
    kennyk
  • You're making me blush.   :3
    kennyk