Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Life changes

I made a very difficult decision on Monday - I tendered my resignation at work. My last day will be November 16th, and I will be pursuing a masters degree. I am blessed that La Casa De Richards is in a situation which will allow me to do this.

In the meantime, I will be working on myself - rediscovering my hobbies, taking care of the house and my girls, getting back into shape - working on a high end design here and there. 

I have a signature.
jhollanderD1PP1NPWRRYDThumperTomSilver1omodynamorjj45S7910brek81JasonPand 5 others.

Comments

• Enjoy yourself and family buddy! 
    PWRRYD
  • By all means, live life to the fullest, enjoy every moment! Good on ya!
  • Tough decision, but a good decision. We get so wrapped up in work and life, we tend to overlook our own growth and what matters most... Good luck to you...!
  • edited November 2018
    Curious, does your employer offer any kind of tuition reimbursement?  Our company is pretty bad, but they offer some tuition reimbursement which should cut about $7k off my MA.  Plans are to stay there for the next couple of years so the reimbursement doesn't have to be paid back ... or I'd already be gone.  At 51, I have just barely enough time left in life to pursue a real career. 

I envy you.                  
  • No tuition reimbursement - another initiative at which I failed. 

I have a signature.
  • You don't fail if you have tried. You fail when you don't try.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Do or do not, there is no try. 

I am terrified. 
    I have a signature.
  • This will work for you. I feel it. Go get em amigo. 
    My signature goes here
  • I agree with Kenny, if you try and give it your all, you have not failed. 

If you're terrified now, wait till you get the bill.  
  • No shit - I just paid off my bachelors! 

I'm terrified not of failure - but of bad decisions. I know my heart is not in managing a maintenance department, but it is also safe and earns well. Le sigh. 
    I have a signature.
  • JR, Follow your heart - I know you will do well! I wish I would have had the stones to take the leap when I had a chance. 
  • A tough decision for sure but I commend you. Going back for more education is a great thing. I wish I could find it in me to go back to school. Good for you and enjoy the new journey!
  • jr@mac said:
    No shit - I just paid off my bachelors! 

Something I was not aware of before using FAFSA; you cannot default on an educational loan.  At my age I wonder if they can hold it out of my social-security???      
    jr@mac
  • So what are you gonna do on your first day off JR?
  • PWRRYD said:
    So what are you gonna do on your first day off JR?
    So far, suffering a DIY-level hangover, sheez those guys sent me off in spectacular fashion last night!

That was from the office peeps - my maintenance guys got me a card and a gift card to Hy-Vee. All very emotional, but I get to wear this shirt un-ironically today:

I may warm up a few Realistic drivers and start my data collection for them. Eventually I will be taking TS/FR/Distortion of all of them and creating a database. I suspect there are a lot of people out there sitting on these drivers that could use the data to put them to better use than the Radio Shack off the shelf crossovers most people used with them.
    D1PP1NkennykJasonPbrek81R-Carpenter
    I have a signature.
  • Good luck following your dream.

Ron