Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Online learning and it's pains

So I'm taking an online course and in one of the modules I keep hearing annoying thumps, report it and they say they can't hear any problem...

I'm sure that square wave is not supposed to be there. Luckily (I'm surprised that is a word), so far that has been the only video with such problems, but I'm just starting this course, so it can become really annoying. 

Comments

• Start my masters online next week.  Highly prefer in class instruction but it seems everyone has gotten away from that.  I'm excited and scared to death at the same time. 

Good luck on that course.           
  • Time for a master's for ol' J-Riz, as well.
    I have a signature.
  • Every time I start looking at master degrees and get exited, I look at the prices and forget about it for a while  :p
  • edited September 2018
    Every time I start looking at master degrees and get exited, I look at the prices and forget about it for a while  :p

Yep, just passed the half century mark and have to wonder if the investment will pay for itself.  If I can get the ball rolling right now, I should have just enough time left in this old body to have a real career.  Hopefully the masters gives things a jump start.

Hoped to attend the IowaDiy, not happening now.  

Best o'luck to you also Jr.         
  • I've participated in several MOOCS from Coursera and EdX. If you get a good community of fellow students it can make all the difference. If the community is not vibrant, it makes learning much harder
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Have been tempted to go back but it was a fair amount of work on the 4 year degree to finish. In my current job a phd wouldn't get you any raise whatsoever. Im at a point where i dont want to start over again somewhere ans lose my vacation etc. I've accrued almost 15 years of benefits at this point. 
    rjj45JasonP
  • I did a master's degree online and it worked pretty well. Now I'm an student advisor for grad students. Anyone wants to do an online master's degree in business (MBA, MPM, Master's in Public Administration, or a Master's of Science in Business), let me know. Accelerated program; you can be done with it in 17 months. One class every 5 weeks, for the most part.

https://www.umary.edu/
    rjj45Silver1omo