Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tool recommendation

edited September 2018 in Announcements
I hardly ever recommend a part or tool because what works for me doesn't necessarily work for someone else's needs.  And I have NEVER recommended anything from Harbor Freight before!  But a couple months ago I purchased a rechargeable LED work light that was on sale.  I love this little light.  It is super bright on high mode.  It charges with any USB port.  On a full charge and at low mode it lasts for 10 hours.  So no more broken bulbs (old school trouble light) or stupid cords getting stuck under the creeper wheels.  It is on sale again this weekend with a coupon for only $19.99.  If you need a coupon I can forward my Harbor Freight e-mail to you.

https://www.harborfreight.com/390-Lumen-Magnetic-Slim-Bar-Folding-LED-Worklight-63958.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTU3MTE4MDEiLCJza3UiOiI2Mzk1OCIsImlzIjoiMTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk IjoiMTIzNDQifQ== &utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3718b&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c3718b&sfid=cHdycnlkMUB5YWhvby5jb20=

D1PP1N

Comments

• Hey that’s pretty slick. Looks like a planar tweeter to me!

I bought two tools last year that I can’t believe I went without for so many years. Both were kind of pricey but soooo worth it. 

The first was was a battery operated 1/2” impact. I got a craftsman so I could share the battery with an old craftsman drill I have the battery was shot on. This one has a 4.0ah battery. Very impressed with the whole thing.

The other is a small impact for running screws (and switching to torx screws for big screws). I bought a ridgid gen 5x brushless with 4.0ah batteries. Lifetime warranty including batteries. I’ll never drive a screw with a drill again. Also good for small bolts and breaking loose big rusted screws without stripping the head. I built a pole shed with it, framed my basement with it, and generally beat the crap out of it. Best tool ever!
  • I look back and laugh...  I built my large deck and my shed with a corded 3/8" drill, PIA!  Now at work we couldn't live without our cordless impact drivers.
  • PWRRYD said:
    I hardly ever recommend a part or tool because what works for me doesn't necessarily work for someone else's needs.  And I have NEVER recommended anything from Harbor Freight before!  But a couple months ago I purchased a rechargeable LED work light that was on sale.  I love this little light.  It is super bright on high mode.  It charges with any USB port.  On a full charge and at low mode it lasts for 10 hours.  So no more broken bulbs (old school trouble light) or stupid cords getting stuck under the creeper wheels.  It is on sale again this weekend with a coupon for only $19.99.  If you need a coupon I can forward my Harbor Freight e-mail to you.

https://www.harborfreight.com/390-Lumen-Magnetic-Slim-Bar-Folding-LED-Worklight-63958.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTU3MTE4MDEiLCJza3UiOiI2Mzk1OCIsImlzIjoiMTkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk IjoiMTIzNDQifQ== &utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3718b&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c3718b&sfid=cHdycnlkMUB5YWhvby5jb20=

Craig , what material is the light head made of ? Looks like the base is aluminum curious if the head is also. 
    Thanks

• Cordless impacts ftw. I have the large DeWalt 1/2". I use the B&D 20V stuff for the rest of my tools, though. 

Little circular saw, leaf blower, impact, weedeater, two drills. Two rapid chargers, and a lot of batteries. I'll pick up a jigsaw at some point, as well. I have a 3/8" and a 1/2" drill - the smaller drill is easier for Amanda to use, so it is in the house. The 1/2" is a wrist twister, plus kind of heavy so it isn't really for amateurs. 

Extension cords and air hoses can bite me these days.
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:

Extension cords and air hoses can bite me these days.
    Quote of the Day!
    rjj45
  • Nick the base is aluminum, the head is only plastic.  I've dropped it a couple of times from about 3 feet and it's hit the concrete floor with no damage.