Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ohm walsh 4

I picked up a pair of these for 50 bucks. The cabs need a little work but not bad, mostly a couple chips in the vaneer towards the bottom. Here is what they look like under those cans. One tweeter and one woofer . Woofer down fires into the huge bottom cab. Lots of dog hair , I cleaned most of it off.

Comments

• Those are cool, brother.
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks , figured for 50 bucks Id take a chance on them. They really have some decent low end. All of those cylinders mounted behind the tweeter , I believe are Lamps/Bulbs that are tied in with the Xover. There is another Xover board mounted in the lower cabinet with legit components , nice coils and decent caps. I'll see if I can get decent pictures of it. I'm a sucker for vintage stuff , couldnt pass these up. Oh , there is also a stamp on the tweeter difusser or whatever that cardboard thing is , Feb 18 1986 , might be 1988
  • This is the other board thats mounted in the bottom cab. I think it does more contouring than anything , non the less , theres some copper in there for sure. 
  • Way cool, man!  I also am a sucker for vintage speaks.  This is one of the legendary ones.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Thanks , and the company is still around! I hooked them both up tonight , these things are bad ass . Been listening to some pet shop boys , metallica , and whatever 80's music I can throw at them. Really happy for the 50 bucks I spent on them. 
  • Half ass tempted to see if a small AMT might work in these? I think the orig xover crosses the domes over at 8 k