Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

The MAC Build Index Project

This will begin humbly this year, as I have to write some custom software for this forum to support it, but here is the pitch:

Midwest Audio Club is the singular resource for audio event pictures on the internet. However, no data is attached to this at all. They are just galleries of speaker build pics and other assorted event coverage. The Build Index Project will be an index into those images, where the builds are identified and data is attached on the speaker, designer, etc.

I think this is an interesting thing, and would be nice to have. Fire away with you ideas or criticisms below!
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• So, this will be like the the speaker projects gallery, where we can post our finished builds. But the photos from the DIY events will link to these pages? That will be neat. Is there a way to index and categorise the builds, so it is easy to look up certain sized builds, builds with specific drivers atc... Sort of like metadata for the builds...
  • This would be interesting, JP. Were you thinking of some sort of standardized form to make it as user friendly as possible for comparisons, or just a set minimum of required data to be written up (and added to) at the designer's discretion?
  •  Yes, there will be a basic form like the one we used for Iowa submissions last year. Additionally I want the ability for custom tags.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Fair enough. By custom tags, would I be correct in assuming this refers to tagging the photo of the speaker on the MAC site?
  • This is great - I know several times we had spoken of this briefly - glad to see you championing this, JP. I really wish I had more time these days to help. 
    I have a signature.