Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (10)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Eton 25SD4 1" Textile Dome Tweeter?

Has anyone had experience with this Eton 25SD4 1" tweeter? I am seriously considering it for a project and would like to get some input.

The Eton 25sd-1 is among my all-time favorites, but sadly they discontinued it. 

Comments

• edited February 2018
    No personal experience Gowa.  I would like to try the Eton Orchestra 4-612 driver as a pure mid, they seem very nice.  But I think their published graphs look like they are taken with 1/3 octave smoothing and are redrawn by my 6 year old son with a Crayola crayon LOL.  Not what I expect from a German company... they are usually "over" precise.
  • edited February 2018
    Their published graphs are terrible for sure. But, my experience with Eton drivers has been quite positive except for the time I received 8 of their 8-800 / 37 HEX drivers with the coating all over the surrounds. Now that did look like a 6 year old's work.
    One would definitely expect more from such a manufacturer. Love the sound of their drivers though.
  • edited February 2018
    https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/eton-soft-dome-tweeters/eton-25sd-1-1-soft-dome-tweeter/
    I have a pair of these. They are quite nice.
    I like Hex drivers as well.

• I spoke to Mad about the tweeters. They tried to get more but no luck. They're gone, NLA. It was mentioned that Eton is working on another version of it.
  • That's the  Eton 25SD1 tweeter that's NLA. That tweeter amazed me.
  • edited December 2018
    Concerning the Eton 25SD4, I'm trying to figure out if the dip between 2k-3k is a hazard.