Select a Style

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (1)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Sub Amps

I am in need of a sub amp. I wanted to get a new sub as well but I have two 8" dayton HF subs that i really never gave a fair shake too. I had them for my pc subs and never pushed them im interested in seeing what they can do before upgrading. I have a few options. I have a carver tfm25 amp 225wpc @8ohm and 350wpc @4ohm and i have an older 2x4 mini dsp unit i could use in conjunction with it.  I havent tried this setup yet but i know that my overall volume levek with minidsp drops a little when i used it before. 

Or i was considering getting another Inuke 3k dsp to have an all in one solution with 2 channels of amp instead of the plate amp route. 

I suppose one is free so i should probably do that first but i found the minidsp harder to flash the settings too and know that the settings took.

Comments

• Free is good.  Anything is better than a plate amp. 

Chuck used an Inuke DSP.  I used the Crown XLS drive core 2 w DSP which I like.  Although somewhat basic DSP, the amp itself is pretty versatile.  I'm using it bridged to drive a single sub.  I can also use it to drive mains if I want a different sub amp later.

John H, thanks to JP I did get that email
  • 1ft^3 with a 2.5" D x 10.5" L port, 1.5 # of stuffing per.
  • Yep, the nuke is great for the money. Very easy to use, gui is straightforward. 680w is pretty decent too 
  • Yeh 289 for 2 channels of 300wpc and full dsp is a good deal. I have the subs built for awhile Ben they have just been living incognito as speaker stands!