Select a Style

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (4)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Guitar Build , Audio related

Soooooo ,Im going to try and build a hardtail jazzmaster styled fender . The neck is in . The hardware will be gold , I despise gold hardware but with the color scheme I have in mind it should look nice . Im trying to source parts that will keep the build under 200 bucks if possible. Thus far most of the parts have been sourced from amazon , build quality of parts has yet to be determined .... Heavy lacquered neck  :# but I dig the tint
jr@macgreywarden

Comments

• Im hoping this sucker doesnt curl on me when it done drying , fingers crossed....
    jr@macGowakennyk
  • Debating on "fender custom shop" decal , had it on for a couple hours now and not sure what to think of it? 
  • Tuners came in .. twisted the head off of one of the chinese tin foil set screws , will need to get that out. Heres a couple more pictures. Top three holes were drilled off center of the bottom three. "great lay" chinese neck , sigh. 
    jr@macD1PP1N
  • Phew , sweated that one a bit ,but got it out 
  • Shit , talked with the builder of the guitar body and he builds to fender spec. This neck might be off to the burn pile . The current neck here, measures 25" , and Im in need of a 25.5" fender spec neck , which the seller of this one advertised it as. Back to the drawing board. 
    kennyk
  • Ah man that sucks!
  • All on me , I shouldve measured before I started bolting things on . You know what they say when you "assume" . At least it was caught in the early stages of the build.