Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Grand Rapids Iron Driver Style Event - May 19

Just for those who don't browse PE anymore, Mark at Meniscus reached out to me and wanted to know if I would help out with putting together an Iron Driver style event that he will host at his facility. This is also a better place to discuss some of the topics that came up in the thread at PE - namely a group buy on the Meniscus Eclipse 5.25" woofer or our LD22 tweeter. I am going to call Mark this week to see what price he could give for the woofer. Dan and I can go down to as low as $80 a pair for this on a group buy if we can get at least 10 people. The only thing about this is that the regular price probably can't be used for either of these for the budget, otherwise everyone is going to be limited to a 2-way. I don't know how most people feel about this since it is kind of outside of the spirit of the budget. Dan had a great idea for future events (I suppose we could even change it for this one) that the budget be for everything but the Iron Driver. So you pick an Iron Driver and then you have for instance $175 to spend on everything else.

Comments

• Sounds interesting. I'd ship something in just for grins. Hey @kennyk - dukes up for last place! ;) :p
    kennyk
  • we can make an exception for the iron driver, esp if it is a group buy, the group buy can be used for the calculation, or as you suggested, budget is set except the iron driver. Using a nice driver at a group buy price would be rather nice, and both the options are real good...