Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

InDIYana 2018 dates official!

I'll be updating the website in the near future, but the dates are April 27/28, 2018 for the next InDIYana speaker building event. We will be at the Hampton Inn on Dupont Road again this year.

Come if you can, and please let me know if you are,

Ben

Comments

• Yahoo, that misses my my fishing weekend!  I'll be there with the synergy horn and a coax entry.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I will try to make it, no clashes as of now...
  • I'll be there with my curved cabinet coaxial design.  The project is fairly close to completion.  Just installed the xovers, input cups, wiring. Next week I will begin working on the solid walnut baffle boards. 
  • Now that this is nearing, getting more and more excited. Looks like lots of great people and designs will be there.

Odd questions: Do we know if anyone is bringing a subwoofer by any chance?
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I might could bring one
  • Cool Chuck I'll message you with a quick question.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • y-cables are currently inaccessible, but I can piggy 1/4" off the Crown with adapters.
  • The Classe pre has rca and xlr outs. And I have a set of xlr ys
  • Trying to voice these puppies! Hopefully they will be ready for indy. 
    JasonP4thtrykennyk
  • Those are looking great! Hope they make it to Indy!
  • They will, but 1 week with the xover may not be enough. I ordered a bunch of xover shit from meniscus today but i likely wont be able to listen until next week. Its hard to get a seamless trasition with ridiculously steep slopes. Woofer is being a little trixey (said in smeagle voice).  Craig helped speed up the process for me significantly so huge shout out to him! Ill have an mtm as well! 

That said i really like the rs28a tweeter in this guide. Ill book my hotel here shortly my dad bailed out so i wasnt going to go but i miss hanging out with all you guys. 
  • Mike (or anyone else) - let me know if you'd like to split a room.  I have a 2 queen bed room reserved for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and would really like to reduce the hotel overhead.  For those off you who don't know me:  I'm an old fart who will turn 64 on April 28th. I have been to several DIY Iowas and DIY South Dakotas, but this will be my 1st InDIYna. And I don't snore because  have a CPAP machine (my wife would kick me out of the bedroom without it!).

• Don't those darn machines make you sound like Darth Vader breathing????  j/k
    kennyk
  • Mine is actually pretty quiet, my wife is a very light sleeper.
  • I look forward to meeting you, Ed. It seems out paths have not yet crossed, but not without both being mobile.
  • D1PP1N said:
    Trying to voice these puppies! Hopefully they will be ready for indy. 

Nice looking speaker!!  How close is that mic to the phase plug?  My guess would be 1/8". 
  • Yeh pretty close. I kept low volume. Trying to see how the woofer is behaving. 
  • http://www.wane.com/news/local-news/motorists-could-experience-delays-on-i-69-starting-monday/1131578666

Thought you should be made aware of possible traffic bottlenecks starting Monday. This will likely slow a few of you down.

• I will have a sub with me. Should be more than enough for "most" people. Inuke 100dsp (680w bridged) into an Eminence Lab12C with a CSS APR15 in 2 cubes, fb of 22Hz.
    JasonP
  •  My speakers have been sitting for a while, waiting for InDIYana as I work on my Matrix project.  Dusted them off today and will be charging up the capacitors to 18VDC shortly.  I put a flat platform on my Nissan Versa's rear deck to support the speakers during the trip.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!  :)

jhollanderNicholas_23Bryan@MACJasonPThumperTomkennyk
  • 4thtry said:

My speakers have been sitting for a while, waiting for InDIYana as I work on my Matrix project.  Dusted them off today and will be charging up the capacitors to 18VDC shortly.  I put a flat platform on my Nissan Versa's rear deck to support the speakers during the trip.  Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!  :)

I was just told by the Mrs. , "Those are sexy"
    JasonP4thtry
  • Bill those look stunning! I can't wait to see and hear them.

I will have a sub with me. Should be more than enough for "most" people. Inuke 100dsp (680w bridged) into an Eminence Lab12C with a CSS APR15 in 2 cubes, fb of 22Hz.
    Awesome Chuck, thanks! Given I can nail an XO in the coming days, these will be coming to Indy:

That is a custom prototype tweeter by me, and the ScanSpeak 15M discovery midrange. Box is a recycle from 2010 :)
    4thtrykennyk
  • Looks awesome.  For my Indy coax I Frankensteined a mid and tweeter together, ala Kenny, so I'm interested to hear the details.
    kennyk
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Speaking of Kenny...  where's he been lately???
    kennyk
  • First XO for my design, looking good, 6 components (sans resistors):

1/12 octave smoothed in-room, no blending/sims/etc. Had to sacrifice some sensitivity. We'll see how it sounds tonight.
    D1PP1Nisaeagle40314thtrykennyk
  • Looks like a few waveguide builds with domes. Should be interesting. 
    JasonPkennyk
  • JasonP said:
    First XO for my design, looking good, 6 components (sans resistors):

1/12 octave smoothed in-room, no blending/sims/etc. Had to sacrifice some sensitivity. We'll see how it sounds tonight.

Smooth!  And only 6 parts.  And a cool looking waveguide!
    isaeagle4031
  • Ben, I tried to post on PETT...  I will be to Fort Wayne early Friday afternoon and would like to join everyone for dinner.  Thanks.
    Craig
  • Same here for the dinner thing!