Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Audio Technology - where/how to buy?

My recollection is that Solen carried Audio Technology drivers in the past, but they are no longer listed on the website. One of my goals for 2018 is to build what will likely be my last speaker for myself. In other words, a fairly high-end design. An Audio Technology midrange is definitely on the short list. Where would I buy a pair these days?

Comments

• You can always go direct to AT, and ask Per Skaaning himself. If you want to order through Meniscus, they have a 3 week lead time for the pair they offer in the Spirit Winds kit.
  • Wolf said:
    You can always go direct to AT, and ask Per Skaaning himself. If you want to order through Meniscus, they have a 3 week lead time for the pair they offer in the Spirit Winds kit.
    So how do you know all of this? Do you and Mark have weekly calls?   :)
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • That's how Pete and Ryan get theirs- Direct to the head cheese.

Mark and I do e-mail quite frequently, but it says right on the Spirit Winds kit page that there is a 3-week lead time.

• group buy? Interested in an AT driver too, high eff 8 or 16 (for MTM) ohm mid range would be very nice.
  • That's def out of my price range....
  • Price range and ease of ordering, both huge hindrance. But if i don't by any more audio stuff for next year, then it might just be possible to get a pair. If only we were so disciplined.... 
  • Not buy any more audio stuff? Where's your priorities, man!? Yeah- too many things of interest.
  • I might be interested in a group buy, but I'm quite a bit away from nailing down drivers. The few prices I can find seem commensurate with the Illuminator line, the high-end Morel stuff and the low-end Accutons. For me, that's at the upper end of what I want to do, but still in the running. On the other hand, I may choose to go with "higher value" options such as Rival Acoustics, Motus or Satori. The BG Neo10 is also being considered.