Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Another tower build

Haven't really discussed this one anywhere. I'e been talking with Paul K a bit lately on a few projects, getting a better understanding on tl/mltl design theory, etc. This is my first try at that. 
The woofer is the Audible Physics 6.5 buyout and the tweet is the mcm 1" aluminum dome. I might try out a few tweets just because. The RN is not particularly deep, bit phase tracks very well from 300 to 8k or so. 8 parts on the xover. 
The mltl model is spot on to the measurements and I am really liking the bass. No bloat, very clear. The woofer is very good with a pretty flat response to 5k. They might become available again as well. 

jhollander

Comments

• A little A/B listening session between the towers and the Armonicos. Think I'm going to like these. Taking power from the Adcom with no problem. Volume control is at about 1/4 of the way up and is about all my ears want. 
    D1PP1N
  • My first project with the 3D printer are some spacers for my own AP project. They are a very nice midbass. I think anyone who did not pick up a few when they were clearanced will regret it. 
    I have a signature.
  •    Krap, you beat me to it!   I was hoping to use them in a MLTL along with the DA25BG or a ribbon/planar/aero striction kind of tweet.        

Gotta finish up this FaitalPro/xt25 and mcm builds before starting the AudiblePhysics build. 

Really interested in how you think these woofers sound in TL compared to vent/sealed alignment. 
  • I think they will do very well in either of those alignments. I just wanted to try a mltl and for them to stand on their own as it were. The da25 will be a great match as would an amt like the Dayton 2-4. There is a pr or 2 of North Creek da25s sitting on the shelf as well that I might try.
  • Can you show the phase of each driver and how they combine a the crossover point?    
  • I think so. I'll have to check if I saved it 

• Kickin back to enjoy. Compared to the Armonicos, the top end has a bit more "lift and air". Iow they are a bit brighter. I may drop that just a bit. The midrange is very similar in tone with enough of a difference to each stand on their own merits. The bass on the mltl extends low enough to have a really nice impact. Not thump your chest, just solid. They are as bit more sensitive as well. Just an educated guess, I would say about 85-86 vs 83ish for the Armonicos. 

I also decided to rearrange the components and place the racks next to my recliner. Everything is on a dedicated circuit and within reach. 
    D1PP1N