Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Upcoming projects...

My cnc is very close to being operational and aside from running a natural gas line out to my garage and installing a furnace im looking to be in good shape for getting alot of projects done this fall and winter. Ill have a good solid 4 to 5 diy speaker projects. 

1) I ordered some parts for a 4x100w amp board, meanwell power supply to make use of my dsp and have a standalone portable setup. 

2) rs28a in denovo waveguide with rs270p-4 (10" dayton reference) 2 way. Looks to be around 1-1.2 cf or so vented cab. 

3) mtm with 5-1/4" mcm truncated frame woofers and sb29 small flange tweeter

4) highend 3 way with TL tweeters, 5-1/4 vifa ne149 mid and 10" sb acoustics woofer. 

5) unsure but i have a typhany tweeter, some rs 180s, spare rs28a's, might need to try to find a new woofer. 

6) finish my 10-4  2-way that just needs veneer. 

I need to clear out what i have on hand and i have all these drivers just sitting. I have no vlue what i will do with them all either. Maybe ill sell a few off or something. 

Here is the sure amp and psu. The wires are kind of shit and super thin. The board looks like good quality. I need to find a volume control that works well. I have a control freak i can use (want to use it for sub use so i can tone it down sometimes) so ill use that as a last resort. The amp board 4x100 solder joints are nice seems of good quality. Case is labeled as wondom.

I definately shouldnt use these wires right i should go bigger?

The 10" rs woofers big and heavy! Side by side with rs225's 8"

greywardenJasonP

Comments

• I'm actually going to start working on my coax three-way again. 
    D1PP1N
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Yeh i lost interest completely for like a year and a half. Starting to come back a bit. Post up your build log!
  • I need to bring it over from PETT, I can just copy-paste it... but that's a lot of work... hahaha
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • Dual Exhaust project:  I just stained the cabs and am getting ready to spray poly.  Also, I had Rockler engrave a name plate on cnc for me.  They used a V channel type bit to engrave it.  Now I have to paint & install it on the baffle board.

CX150-8 Coaxial project:  Just sprayed the 1st coat of white primer.  Still waiting for the hardwood baffle material (3/4 walnut).  Vendor probably has to chop down another walnut tree to fill my order!

greywardenD1PP1N
  • Whoops.  Missed one project.  I will be bringing these to Iowa.  I'm restoring a pair of classic Large Advent Loudspeakers, originally designed by Henry Kloss.  The pair I have is from 1974 and uses the original fried egg tweeters and the original 9" long throw woofer mounted in a 12" basket.  The woofers have been re-foamed, but they appear to have the original dust caps!  How they re-foamed them without destroying the original dust caps --- I have no idea.    The cabinets are being re-stuffed with fiberglass as per the original 1974 design specs.  The crossover will be stock, vintage 1974, replacing caps only if they are leaky.  Will bring a complete set of measurements along to Iowa.
    D1PP1N
  • edited September 2017
    I need to get off my ass and start work, but here is a teaser of the box model response for the bottom of a kick-ass three-way:

That is 100 watts input, within Xmech (and almost Xmax). Yea, the box is pretty large! It won't go deep but it sure will go loud!

D1PP1Ngreywardenkennyk4thtry
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Picked up some more drivers this weekend. Add another to my list lol. 
    greywardenkennyk4thtry
  • Just started and very slow going.... It's a two way TM, the second woofer hole is a brace and the bottom hole is the for the port, front ported.

kennykJasonPD1PP1N4thtry
  • Ani,  is that a curved rear panel?  Looks very interesting.
  • Yes, curved rear panel, purely cosmetic...
  • This may show it better....

4thtry
  • Im gonna need to do pointed tops or steep angles at the tops of my speakers so my damn cats quit jumping on top of all my shit. They stand on the midtunnel tube of my finalists and stare at me while im yelling at them to get off!
    4thtryJasonPani_101kennykgreywardenThumperTom