Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What events will you attend?

edited September 2017 in Announcements
Gone to InDIY, SDDIY and plan on IOWA this year. MaDIYsound  and Kentucky next year would be nice. So............where ya going next year?
And DIY-NY/NJ........of course!

............. could you hum a few bars.

Comments

• MaDIYsound?
    kennyk
  • With the very short lead times, I am not sure if I can make it to Grand Rapids this year... Let's see if things change by next week.

Definitely IOWA
    Kentucky - again depends on when it is, if it happens, and lead time, but will try

Next year, all midwest events are on the list and AXPONA
    InDIYana - yes
    DakotaDIY - definitely (this is the closest, so at least Saturday is possible if not more)
    MWAF - maybe - again a bit far.... and a huge strain on the pocket!
    Chicago if it picks up again or moves to a new venue/city
    Grand Rapids - a bit far, so involces a bit of planning
    IOWA - definitely - The biggest and also very close, so a Saturday is always there
    Kentucky - Maybe

Any others?

I might try to make it to one of the farther ones next year the Texas one, or the amp ones, or maybe NY/NJ, but this requires even more planning, deeper pockets and can't drive till there....

• I'd like to make them all (on Ani's list) other stuff just gets in the way.  This might be the first year I miss Iowa in the last 5? maybe. My wife says Iowa is her least favorite as there's not as much to see or do.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • PWRRYD said:
    MaDIYsound?

OOPS.
  • I try to go to all the ones we (MAC) have any participation in, but that's becoming a tough task to tackle.  Many props to you, Kenny.........you've gone wayyyyy out of your way to bond this community and you don't give two shits about the fact that I (way back when) picked the domain name, "midwest" audioclub. You're a good guy. 
    My signature goes here
  • Next year I plan on getting to NY, Grand Rapids, and KY as well as Iowa (and Dakota if it happens). 
    I have a signature.
  • I plan to go to Iowa and hope to get back to MWAF.

Ron
  • The important part is the members!
  • I really want to go to Iowa this year, but It'll be an almost last minute decision due to financials

deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • From Ani's list:

Definitely IOWA, Harris center has the best sound by far
    Kentucky - generally no, due to distance and time of year.  But I would like to visit that venue with the cool track lighting system someday.

Grand Rapids:  Not this year.  I attended last year and had a good time.  Nice room with good acoustics and good lighting for photos.     

Next year:

AXPONA:  probably not.  I get depressed when I see the prices on this stuff.
    InDIYana - yes (originally had no intention of entering the coax competition, but won a pair of free coax drivers, which, even with the low frequency chuffing noise, will work in a 3 way sealed cab.
    DakotaDIY - yes, good food and great company.

MWAF - yes, definitely,  Even though there is a lot of arguments about the room, the judging, etc., etc. I find that I really enjoy the competition none the less.  And the best part is the swap meet, finding old tube equipment and tapes recorders from people cleaning out their garages and trying to give some old stuff a good home. 

Chicago, same, would attend if it moves to a new city/venue

Grand Rapids - borderline, but probably no.
    IOWA - definitely, again, for the Harris Center 
    Kentucky - probably no.

• I was at MWAF, but missed the swap meet. Maybe If i make it next year... but it is the farthest... 
  • Ani,  This year, I headed over to the swap meet at around 7:30 to 8am or so.  I was surprised at the number of vendors already set up.  Picked up a good tube tester.  Went back again over the lunch hour, to check for new arrivals.  Then went back again about 4pm, but almost all vendors were gone.  The best time to find something good seems to be between 8 & 9am.