Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Meniscus DIY - Grand Rapids

edited August 2017 in Announcements
Sorry for the short notice, but I just found out myself on Friday and didn't have time until today to cobble together an information page.

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/events/meniscus/

Anyway, the format will be identical to last year:  

Friday afternoon - Hang out at Meniscus HQ, listen to some speakers, toss some stuff off the roof, drink some beer and get some dinner.

Saturday at 9am - DIY show & tell at the Holiday Inn Express.  Wrap things up around 5pm.

My signature goes here
Tagged:

Comments

• FYI - if you're attending and trying to book a room at the venue hotel, you're probably in for some sticker shock.  The rate was $109 last week and now it's $140.

Here are a couple alternatives:

Quality Inn – 7625 Caterpillar Court SW – Phone: (616) 827-9900

The Grand River Hotel – 270 Ann Street Northwest – Phone: (616) 363-9001

My signature goes here
  • BK, will you be attending this year?
  • edited August 2017
    BK, will you be attending this year?
    Yup...leaving at some point on Friday from Chicago.  Unsure of my timing at this point but I will be at Meniscus on Friday and then the hotel on Saturday. I'm not showing anything but I'm bringing a pair of sacrificial speakers to chuck off the roof.  Lol....no pun intended, Chuck.
    My signature goes here
  • Im actually looking at flights right now, not sure if it can happen but if it does, could be fun. 
    I have a signature.
  • I always love going to meniscus! Should be a good time. 
  • I have to plan to come......next year?
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • There has been one every year around this time frame for atleast 3 or 4 years. It would be good to see ya again Kenny. 
    kennyk
  • Looking forward to meeting both at the same time 
    My signature goes here
  • Anyone have any drivers to sell or trade. I will have some vifa/tymphany NE25VTS-4 and 5x rs180s-8's if anyone is interested.

Im looking for some hivi L6's and xt25 (preferably the flangeless version. 
  • I have a pair of rs28a's as well. 
  • D1PP1N said:
    I have a pair of rs28a's as well. 

You should post them on pett........best offer.  ;)
    D1PP1N
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • All i get is crazy low ball offers there. Im not a fan of giving shit away. I would rather burn it for enjoyment then be low balled into oblivion. Plus i really dont want to ship anything or do paypal.  
  • I'm short on fundage at the moment (damn kids LOL) or I'd take them off your hands Mike
  • kennyk said:
    D1PP1N said:
    I have a pair of rs28a's as well. 

You should post them on pett........best offer.  ;)
    I forgot they went nla kenny haha, might actually do okay with them. 
    kennyk
  • I would take all of them, except I won't be able to make it to Grand Rapids. If you are coming to Iowa and still have them, especially the RS180S, I will take them.
  • ani_101 said:
    I would take all of them, except I won't be able to make it to Grand Rapids. If you are coming to Iowa and still have them, especially the RS180S, I will take them.

Figure out your transaction and I will transport the goods to iowa.  HOWEVER, Mikey will have to drive into the city and buy me a Miller Lite for the trouble.
    My signature goes here
  • BTW, I'm also transporting all of the Iowa door prize donations as well as our partner JP (and his DIY greatness), a quad of woofers for a good friend and possibly much more....oh yeah, my own crap, and if Ani pulls the trigger on yet another batch of goodies, it could be tight, but doable.  Love challenges..... 

My signature goes here
  • Thanks Bryan, working it out with Mike.... I am really collecting those RS180S for a home theater build sometime in the future.... The RS28 disappeared, so now I will need to look at some other cheap, low Fs good sounding tweeter to cross to RS180S.
  • Ani  i have a pair of rs28a as well if you want them too
  • Leaving know see you guys in like 4 hours
  • Post pics ! Safe travels.
  • Nick - we should fly out there together next year!
    I have a signature.
  • I'll start saving
  • What a great time this event always is. I went MIA for almost a year but man im glad i came back and went to the event. I had a blast catching up with friends and listening to a bunch of stuff. I traded some gear for more speaker goodies too. 

There was some interesting buids there. The hivi swans 3way kit was pretty good @ the $175 pricepoint. I loved the white and back CSS kit with ld22 and the satori 5". The aluminum waveguide peanut build was cool. The css 12" woofer was a monster in person and cool to see in person way way better than the website pictures. There was pretty much all bookshelf 2ways there. 

• More pix!!!
  • I only took a few. 
    kennyk4thtry
  • As I listen to random Pandora music, I’ll submit my $0.02 about the Meniscus get together. I can’t comment individually on speaker designs because not only do I have shitty ears, but I’m always jumping around taking pics and vids.  I will say this- It’s always a pleasure to hang with DIY guys in a casual environment, and for that I thank Mark and the boys at Meniscus.  If you’ve not met them, you owe it to yourself to make sure at some point you do – these guys are DIY!!  Obvs, it was fun to reconnect with the usual suspects and meet new dudes but if JP is wondering, yeah, I lost some points on Thursday.  Not a good idea to test the limits of your HT @ 4am……LOL.  Good news – no blown speakers!!  

My signature goes here

• D1PP1NkennykJasonP4thtrycssaudio1
    My signature goes here
  • Working on the archive @ MAC ....much more to see there.  

My signature goes here