Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

MCM Clearancing has begun...

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/promo/c/0000000001

I am going to grab some stuff, why not. Those Sure amps look nice for the money so I ordered two of them, and the Stellar/MCM t-amp is less than $10 so I grabbed a few of those as well. Throwing a quad of the KB 5" and a quad of those AP 3/4" tweeters in - small 2-ways with a ready to go amp is an easy christmas gift.

Keep an eye out, I am thinking they will probably be adding additional drivers over the next week or two.
I have a signature.

Comments

• How about those 6.5"   6ohm dynavox drivers? You think those and that tweeter would be a good option? 
  • The AP tweet needs to cross around 3-3.5k MIke.

I've got an order in for the AP stuff too. 
  • You need to stop this now.  I almost bought some amps I don't need. I must resist.

Ron
  • I like those 3/4" AP tweeters off axis response hell yeah

deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)

They are a nice little tweet. The only issue is that they are a little tricky to mount as the screw holes are extremely close to the id.

On a side note, I've been working a bit with AP and have their Ram 6,3,2,and 1 drivers. Damn nice! Rishi is working on a group of really high quality drivers. 
    greywarden

They are a nice little tweet. The only issue is that they are a little tricky to mount as the screw holes are extremely close to the id.

On a side note, I've been working a bit with AP and have their Ram 6,3,2,and 1 drivers. Damn nice! Rishi is working on a group of really high quality drivers. 
    Those AP tweeters look like they may perform similar to the Aura NT1 tweets.  If you have used the Aura tweets, has that been your experience?  
  • I haven't used or can remember hearing those Mitchell, so I can't say.
  • Bastards! It's OK, bought some more stuff I will never use.
    I have a signature.
  • Cheap dynavox speakers. I bought a pair and some random cables
  • You think this is amp would drive two 8"  subs? Not sure if its bullshit or not. http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/STELLAR-LABS-PXA-600-/555-20480
  • Seems OK to me class A/B 22 lbs.  You would need to deal with the 1.2v input sensitivity.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I grabbed additional pairs of the AP tweet, 4", and the 6". Total less than $75. Kind of glad they don't take PayPal lol
  • Cheap dynavox speakers. I bought a pair and some random cables
    What dynavox drivers? Don't see any on sale
  • http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DYNAVOX-LW6004PMR-NC-/55-5525

Good price if you can deal with a truncated frame.

OK, so I went overboard because I am an idiot. I am ashamed to admit what all I bought, but lets just say I have plenty of drivers for awhile...

I will say I picked up four of the AMT tweeters for $22 each - worth a shot. Studio guys are all about the AMT style tweeters these days.
    I have a signature.
  • Re. that Dynavox - if the advertised curve is accurate, it might not really need very much BSC built into the crossover. Probably make a pretty nice minimalist system if that is the case. 
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DYNAVOX-LW6004PMR-NC-/55-5525

Good price if you can deal with a truncated frame.
    That's the one that really caught my eye.  Might pick up 4 for a future MTM.
    • Can I still place my order on the MCM website?
    • You may visit the MCM website until October 1 at which time you will be redirected to Newark.com where you can easily proceed with your order. You will need to re-register on the Newark site, just one time.

Le sigh... Three weeks until it is over, I am guessing...
    I have a signature.
  • Browsing their site this morning, it appears the majority of the MCM Audio Select branded drivers are on "back-order" with lead times ranging to 117 days. I suspect they EoL at this point.

Some classics that might be dead are the 8" high-excursion woofer, the 6.5" "high excursion" aluminum cone woofer, and the 8" cast-frame carbon fiber woofer. A lot of other drivers show "limited stock" indicating they are close to EoL but have not gone missing or on clearance yet. I was really hoping to see some of the classic drivers show up on the clearance shelf, le sigh. 

I have a signature.
  • Also - quite a few of the "supplies" show special order, limited stock, or extended lead times. Stuff like binding posts, for example. I think Newark is going to pretty much get out of DIY audio. That is too bad, they were so close to going head-to-head with PE, all they really needed to do was get a few well known designers on-board and make a splash at a few events. 
    I have a signature.
  • I'm a sucka...  bought drivers I don't really need... but at $13 each how could I resist????
    Nicholas_23
  • So is dynavox a knock off of dynaudio?
  • Did somebody say bring back the classic drivers  B)
  • ?
    I have a signature.
  • Geoff, are you referring to the 8" sub, 8" carbon fiber units? I do know there is interest in those.
  • Glad I ordered 4 Dynavox 6.5's yesterday.  They are all gone today!
    JavadS
  • I'm bringing my expertise and knowledge to PE, that's all I can really say :)
    FaceJavadS
  • PWRRYD said:
    Glad I ordered 4 Dynavox 6.5's yesterday.  They are all gone today!
    I missed out, had it in my cart. In a way i am glad and relived too. Great price, but i didn't had a plan for those, and i had just got those great HDS drivers. 
  • See?  I had 4 of those HDS drivers in my cart and missed the sale price by one day.  Wanna trade?  :)