Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Iowa DIY 2017

Comments

• edited September 2017
    Can hang with me. I don't sleep to well.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Hey, I'm getting old :(
    ani_101Bryan@MAC
  • Spoke to the hotel.  Apparently people are once again waiting (till the last minute?) to book their room.  Don't be that guy.  It doesn't cost anything up front to book the room, so take advantage of the $89.99 rate and book now.  If we use up the 15-room bloc, I might be able to increase it, but obviously I won't be doing that the week of the show.  No guarantees what the room rate will be the week of October 16th.  As an example, for the Meniscus get together, the room rates jumped $30 less than a week after Mark booked the conference room.  Strange things happen.
    My signature goes here
  • Guys...I'm gonna mention this here first but it will be on blast next week.  CSS was purchased by Kerry Armes and Dan Poinsett!  Some of the great drivers that emerged from Bob Reimer are going to be seen again. MAC is proud to have them as sponsors for IOWA 2017.

PWRRYDjhollanderNicholas_23kennykScottS
    My signature goes here
  • Wow, that's great news.... Congrats Dan and Kerry!
  • Well done!
  • Are those diy guys? 
  • Yes big time!
  • D1PP1N said:
    Are those diy guys? 

Yup, NavyGuy and Dan P., from the PETT forum.  
    My signature goes here
  • This is awesome news!  I will support them anyway I can.  I've met Dan and he is a super great DIY guy just like all of you.  I haven't met Kerry yet, but based on his PETT posts I be he is too.

On a side note I took your heed Bryan and have my room booked for Iowa.
  • I got to buy more CSS drivers.... =)
  • Bryan, please start a new thread so we can specifically discuss their new company, their current and future products, ours wishes, etc. and have Dan and Kerry chime in.  I know both guys are members here.
  • Bryan also, can you change the name of my DIY Iowa project?  After staring at them out in my garage last night I decided the new name is "The Industrials" due to their hammer tone silver and black finish.  They look like they belong in a maintenance crib.  I guess I could also call them the Raiders (silver and black NFL team), but I hate the Raiders as well as Las Vegas so screw that noise!
  • Yes, it's true. Craig is high maintenance. 
    Nicholas_23Silver1omoPWRRYDjholtzBryan@MACS7910
  • PWRRYD said:
    Bryan, please start a new thread so we can specifically discuss their new company, their current and future products, ours wishes, etc. and have Dan and Kerry chime in.  I know both guys are members here.
    I've extended an invitation to CSS via their business email to join and chime in as a commercial account. I know NavyGuy is already registered, but I'm pretty sure Dan is not.  I'll be meeting with them in Grand Rapids and we'll be discussing a few things - one of which is this forum.  Looking forward to some great future CSS threads. Stay tuned.
    My signature goes here
  • PWRRYD said:
    Bryan also, can you change the name of my DIY Iowa project?  After staring at them out in my garage last night I decided the new name is "The Industrials" due to their hammer tone silver and black finish.  They look like they belong in a maintenance crib.  I guess I could also call them the Raiders (silver and black NFL team), but I hate the Raiders as well as Las Vegas so screw that noise!
    As you wish, sir.
    My signature goes here
  • Hey guys. This is Kerry. It sounds like the cat is out of the bag now. I'm glad to see people are excited that this company is still alive. I'll start a separate thread to discuss where we are at and what we are looking to do in the future. 
    Nicholas_23Silver1omojholtzkennykBryan@MAC
  • cssaudio1 said:
    Hey guys. This is Kerry. It sounds like the cat is out of the bag now. I'm glad to see people are excited that this company is still alive. I'll start a separate thread to discuss where we are at and what we are looking to do in the future. 
    So happy to see this K&D. We'd love to be the host of your business discussions!!
    My signature goes here
  • Just want to test the waters here.  Would you pay $10/person for a catered pizza lunch at the Iowa DIY?  
    My signature goes here
  • Sure.
  • Maybe... Let me qualify that, it is yes for me, as this gives us more chance to hang out and chat during lunch, and typically we usually put 10$ in a hat anyways. But nowadays I usually have an entourage and that might dictate going elsewhere for lunch. 

But i will support whatever we come up with.
  • Absolutely!
  • I am good with the pizza lunch
    Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • I like pizza.
  • +1 for pizza/beer
  • Well.......booked my flight and rental car.............now book a room tomorrow. 
  • edited September 2017
    Thanks guys....my idea is gonna be tough.  Why?  Well, this year I had no choice but to do everything thru the regular channels at Grinnell College.  Doug is MIA, so we have covered the retail cost of the theater.  Catering is very expensive but the college has the first right of refusal, so it's either their way or the highway if we want food in the venue.   Don't freak out just yet.   I will talk to the catering dept and see if there's some negotiation.  
    My signature goes here