Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Cabrini the Last?

I have to do a little resizing on the tweeter cutout, I think this could be a nice combo to close out the Cabrini saga. Bonus: I can finish it quickly I imagine. 
I have a signature.
4thtrygreywarden

Comments

• I like that tweeter.  I'm using it right now for an on-wall project and it measures very well.
  • Which tweeter is it? I don't c think I heard the cabrinis but was on my list when I started out with my first build... 
  • Dayton ND25FW-1

I'm using it for an MTM with NLA Peerless 835004 woofers.  

I bought 4 of those tweeters when they were on sale for $13.
  • https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-nd25fw-4-1-soft-dome-neodymium-tweeter-with-waveguide-4-ohm--275-051

On paper at least, and from various anecdotal statements, it is a great little $19 tweeter. 

Cabrini used the 3x7 Goldwood piezo, Cabrini Redux used the GRS 1" dome, and Cabrini the Last will use this tweeter. Initially I was going to do the Last using a Vifa BC25TG but I already had the Dayton waveguide tweeters so the decision was made for me. I want to further reduce my inventory of currently available/inexpensive drivers to focus on old-school Rat Shack builds as well as a couple high end offerings. 

I expect this tweeter to perform admirably well with a simple crossover and a high-ish crossover point similar to Cabrini Redux which is crossed over somewhere in the neighborhood of 3K
    I have a signature.
  • Here is a raw measurement of that tweeter, centered on a 8.5" wide baffle.

• Very nice. 
    I have a signature.
  • It crosses over LR4 very nicely at 2500 with only 4 components.
  • Hell yeah, looks good I've always loved (the idea of) the Cabrini and wanted to build a surround set one day when I have a place to put it, hopefully here within the next month or so.
    deadhorse - leviathan - harbinger - shockwave (wip)
  • I think this will be a fine iteration when all is said and done. 
    greywardenFaceJasonP
    I have a signature.