Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

HTR / EMOTIVA UMC200 SUB OUT

Has anybody had luck using the straight sub out with the filter in a HTR on a normal non dsp amp? My apa150 amp has a sub feature but its a little anemic for sub use. I was thinking of using a more stout 2 channel amp out of my emotiva umc200 and use the onboard crossover for it with a emotiva control freak volume knob for gain control. I have a minidsp but when i used it it dropped the output volume alot and something just seemed off with it. I was thinking about just setting it really low like a 40hz or 60hz crossover point on the sub through the emotiva. 

Control freak
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00JRHUGDI/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Comments

• I've got a similar plan, sub out/ LFE from Yamy HTR straight to Crown XLS 1002.  I'll run the Crown bridged to my sub.  Everything is sitting there waiting for me to plug the plate amp hole in the sub.

I'm hoping with the adjustable input sensitivity of the Crown I should be OK.  The Crown also has an adjustable low pass filter if the LFE signal is at to high of a frequency.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • My Yamaha htr has 7.2 sub out. I connected one to a crown xls 2500 powering 4 infinty 1262 subs. The other .1 is going to a apa150 powering a pair of bass shakers. I set the yapao to adjust the sub gain and manually set the Apa150 volume to the shaker effect. 
  • My buddy mike was underwhelmed with the emotiva sub out. He is using the xlr outs to a range cross to a crown macrotech 1600