Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

VituixCAD

I just installed this DIY software, and it looks damn impressive. Perhaps it has a steep learning curve though. Also, I can't confirm its accuracy yet without testing. All that said, it looks stunning from the webpage. I discovered it by pure chance when doing a google search recently. Here is the link:

http://kimmosaunisto.net/Software/Software.html

WARNING: This is not my software, so usage is at your own risk!

I'm looking forward to messing with it though.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
Nicholas_23jr@macR-CarpenterThumperTomkennyk4thtry

Comments

• Nice find. Waiting to see your impressions of the results and if they match PCD / listening impressions....
  • I see the author also has a Linux (via Wine) installation guide. I might take some time this weekend and try that out on my old laptop running Linux Mint. I will also tinker with ARTA in Linux at some point. If I can measure and model in Linux, then I will be very close to making the migration across the board to Linux. 
    I have a signature.
  • Never mind, I see REW offers a Linux installer - hmmm.....
    greywarden
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Never mind, I see REW offers a Linux installer - hmmm.....

And it worked nicely in ubuntu. 
  • I took the program for a spin using my "Dual Exhaust" project data.  The driver page only shows one driver at a time, so after you load your woofer frd/zma data, you have to click over to the crossover tab, change over to the tweeter, and then click back to the driver page to enter the tweeter frd/zma info.  Kind of clunky, but it seems to work

I am using the raw OmniMic phase data (not minimum phase data).  My modelled Z offset in XSim is 1.33 inches (33.782mm), so I entered this as the woofer Z offset and left the X and Y values at zero.  I get a very good match to my XSim on-axis model.   I noticed that you can enter a large number of off-axis curves and offsets and then click back & forth as needed.  So I plan to load my XSim off-axis data and test this next.

Silver1omoNicholas_23