Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Two high end monitors in the works...

So after this week I am hoping to be able to get after some DIY audio for awhile. 

Two high end monitors in the works: 

One using Viawave RT-850 over a Wavecor 4-1/2" Nomex coned midwoofer and the other the new Viawave over this:

https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/approx-5-woofers/sb15nbac30-8-5-black-aluminum-cone-mid-bass/

After my experience with the paper cone 5" SB in Vermillion, I have very high expectations that this midwoofer will be up to the task of playing with that new ribbon. 

One or maybe even both should be ready for IowaDIY, but I do plan on shopping them around to various local studios and musicians in the interim. With any luck, they will find permanent homes somewhere. 

So hopefully things go well enough this summer I can get at least one old Realistic 3-way done and these two monitors. 
I have a signature.
R-CarpenterJasonPgreywardenkennyk4thtrysquamishdrocScottS

Comments

• Most excellent drivers.  Look forward to how you work them with your xo skills.
  • edited May 2017
    That AL SB has really well controlled break up.Interesting driver.
  • Thinking these are going to be some amazing moniors. 
  • edited May 2017
    I think so too. Curious to the subjective differences in the sound of RT850 and GRT.
  • I have a four day weekend coming up and I think the truck will be in the shop all day Friday, so no temptation to go out and waste gas - might as well peg the electric meter for a few hours and make some sawdust.
    I have a signature.