Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Resistors

Finally got fed up with the shit most places sell, so started lurking on Fleabay for resistors and surprisingly enough there is a plethora of options available. 

Today these showed up in my mailbox:

Straight outta Lithuania, old school USSR stuff. Claimed 10% tolerance, measured 10 and closer to 5% typical. These were less than $0.50 each, shipped from Eastern Europe. 

I'll admit - looks matter to me, even though crossovers are buried in a cabinet. I have also been replacing my huge inventory of other values with various Dale/Ohmite/USSR stuff such as these 6.8 ohm jobbers for around $0.80/each:

That being said, I now have a box with a metric fuckton of sandcast resistors to give away at DDIY. Winner of a death match takes them home for the low, low price of free. Many have short leads etc (I am a fidgety prototyper). 

For the record, I considered the heat sinked options - until I remembered something from my electronics 101 class 12 years ago: power handling absent being mounted to a heat sink is actually compromised on a heat sinked resistor compared to sandcast or silicone/enamel coated so I passed on stocking my resistor box with those. 
I have a signature.

Comments

• The price is right for sure, nice find
  • 3.9, 4, 4.7, 8, and 8.2 are hard to come by however. Weird. 
    I have a signature.
  • I was going to ask if they had more standard values. Maybe they were used for something special , like missiles
  • edited May 2017
    Have you checked them for radioactivity?   :3
    kennykJasonP