Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• When I'm with you guys I'm off duty!
    cssaudio1
  • Riiiiiiiight!  J/K   Welcome aboard.
  • Hello all, my name is Kent, I live in SW Florida. My goal is to, someday, build a pair of speakers of my own design.  
    kennyk
  • Welcome aboard!
  • Hello to the familiar names! It's me, Shawn A. and I'm back for more audio addiction feeding. I'm currently a professional newspaper reader and technical support staff in the news publishing biz.

What interests me? Hell, what doesn't interest me??? The top of the list are my dogs. Labs are the best but all dogs are wonderful creatures. Some cats are pretty cool, too. Beyond that I'm into photography, shooting sports and piloting R/C aircraft poorly. I've been an audio nut as long as I can remember and while I've drifted from designing and building speakers, it remains a big part of my life's passions. 
    kennyk4thtry
    There are woofers and then there are woofers. I like 'em both. 
  • Very nice to see you, Burrito Bandito!
    DieselGizmo
  • Wolf said:
    Very nice to see you, Burrito Bandito!
    Gracias, Señor. Yo quiero Taco Bell!

s(DG)
    There are woofers and then there are woofers. I like 'em both. 
  • Welcome aboard Shawn.  I think this forum is really starting to take off!
    kennyk4thtry
  • Welcome. My grandpa was an editor and wrote columns for the St. Louis Post.
  • Hello to the familiar names! It's me, Shawn A. and I'm back for more audio addiction feeding. I'm currently a professional newspaper reader and technical support staff in the news publishing biz.

What interests me? Hell, what doesn't interest me??? The top of the list are my dogs. Labs are the best but all dogs are wonderful creatures. Some cats are pretty cool, too. Beyond that I'm into photography, shooting sports and piloting R/C aircraft poorly. I've been an audio nut as long as I can remember and while I've drifted from designing and building speakers, it remains a big part of my life's passions. 
    Hey Shawn,

I haven't seen you in a while.  Are you still getting out to DIY events?

Dan
  • Last one I saw him at was InDIYana 2017. He missed MWAF and GR this year.
  • Wolf said:
    Last one I saw him at was InDIYana 2017. He missed MWAF and GR this year.
    Yeah, I missed InDIYana this year and I don't think he made it out in 2016.  Seems like it's been a while.

Dan
  • I'm Shawn Kipka from St Francis MN (about 35 miles north of downtown Minneapolis). I have been building speakers off and on since 1995 when I built a center channel and rear surround speakers from a kit.I brought a couple of my speakers designs to the IOWA2017 this last weekend and had a great time listening to many speaker designs.
    kennyk4thtry
  • Hey Shawn, it was good to meet you and your designs sounded great. I too am from Minneapolis.
  • +1 for the traveling willburys

• Hello all,

I’m Chris, aka dynamo on PETT. I’m from the land of beer and cheese. I’ve been tinkering with speakers since I was about 12, ventured into a car audio obsession once I got my license, and eventually came back to home audio and speaker building. I gradually worked my way into the hobby more and more, learning from all of you. Thanks for taking me onboard here!
    kennyk4thtry
  • Welcome aboard!  Where abouts in WI do you live?
  • Thanks! Appleton. You ever bring that bumper dragging fox body to WIR?  B)
  • No, I don't have a trailer and tow vehicle anymore so I'm limited to tracks I can drive to (Byron, Great Lakes, Cordova, Rt 66).
  • Appleton, Chris?  Chris Roemer lives in Combined Locks and I'm in Little Chute.  We can start our own club!  ;)
  • PWRRYD said:
    No, I don't have a trailer and tow vehicle anymore so I'm limited to tracks I can drive to (Byron, Great Lakes, Cordova, Rt 66).
    Pretty impressive that a car that wheel stands like yours is streetable, nice!
  • MartyH said:
    Appleton, Chris?  Chris Roemer lives in Combined Locks and I'm in Little Chute.  We can start our own club!  ;)
    Cheesehead DIY!
    greywarden
  • edited October 2017
    I see a (wearable) "Cheese Head" boom box in the future.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I'm surprised Marty hasn't done that already... Even though the idea is chock full of holes...

LOL

kennykS7910
  • Wolf said:

I'm surprised Marty hasn't done that already... Even though the idea is chock full of holes...

LOL

A use for those extra D cell batteries perhaps? ;)
  • Greeting's all! I'm Tom Scoville from Cedar Rapids, officially signing in. I'm a former tv news photographer lured to the dark side of commercial video production. I'm married with 2 in college and one in his last year of HS.

Like many here, I've been tinkering with audio gear for as long as I can remember. I played drums in school, but eventually realized there were much better drummers out there. But I noticed none of my musician friends knew how to cobble together a decent PA. Since the 80's, I have spent countless weekends running sound in dance halls and grandstand shows in IA & NE. I built quite a few bad sounding home speakers before finding PETT years ago - learning much from fine folks like Wolf, Jeff B, Pete, JR, & Jay Kim. Helping our youngest put together the system for his truck is what brought me back into speaker building after a 6 year hiatus. 
    jr@mackennykgreywardenWolfPWRRYD4thtry
  • Welcome, Tom. 
    I have a signature.
  • S7910 said:
    Wolf said:

I'm surprised Marty hasn't done that already... Even though the idea is chock full of holes...

LOL

A use for those extra D cell batteries perhaps? ;)
    C-cells.  We run the Sonata on ultra low wattage.
  • edited October 2017
    Paul Ebert. Just moved back to the Ann Arbor, MI area having lived in Central NY for 11 years. I've been married for 34 years and have 3 adult kids. I'm a Systems Engineer for Bosch.

I've built 3 speakers of my own design and one pair of Modula MTs. Besides building speakers, I enjoy remodeling, building furniture and reading. I'm currently working on a design using the RS28f, ES180 and an Ultimax 10. It's a "commission" for my nephew.

Now that we're back home and moved in, I'm looking forward to attending more DIY events.
    greywardenkennyk4thtry