Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Introduce yourself

Comments

• This is da place, welcome home Howard.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Howard there are a few of us in the MO STL area. I am in O'fallon. I believe Pete Schumaker is in Manchester, and JHollander is also close by.
  • Killa, Good to  hear from you.  John has helped me a lot and Pete is just Pete.  Any more that you know of?
  • I think there are a couple more but I can't think of them offhand.
  • Welcome Howard! This is Chuck aka Mosaic Audio. Glad you are here.
    Killa and Ed, welcome!
  • Hi Howard.  I think we met at Jeff's seminar and had a discussion about your former industry (underground mining right?).  Welcome aboard.
    Craig
  • edited October 2017
       Hey all, Kornbread (Kenny, but most everyone knows me as Kornbread) from the ex-swamplands of SE Missouri. http://https//www.sos.mo.gov/archives/mdh_splash/default.asp?coll=lilrivdd    I've spent most of the last 5+ years sitting in front of this computer finishing my BS that I started back in 88'.

Right before returning to college, my son and I received our black belts in TKD.  There's a story there, just follow the link. http://http//www.dailystatesman.com/story/1832114.html

When all the work is done; fishing, hunting, riding motocross, and of course getting my two left hands involved into another speaker build.  It's become kinda addictive.                
  • edited October 2017
    Copy paste from other forums can work poorly here:

[snipped yellow screen cap after I edited the offending post's tags - JP]

Kornbread
    I have a signature.
  • Kenny, Craig, Chuck - Thanks for the welcome.  I think I like it here.  I am working on two projects at the moment.  One is the Sunburst with the yellow Usher woofer and the other is the Classics II.  I have been doing some fishing with the weather cooling off.  I like this time of year.  I have also been giving underground tours for my former employer to earn a little speaker money.  Things are going very well for me, in general.  
  • That yellow post hurts my brain to look at lol! 
  • edited October 2017

Kornbread said:

Hey all, Kornbread (Kenny, but most everyone knows me as Kornbread) from the ex-swamplands of SE Missouri. http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/mdh_splash/default.asp?coll=lilrivdd    I've spent most of the last 5+ years sitting in front of this computer finishing my BS that I started back in 88'.

Right before returning to college, my son and I received our black belts in TKD.  There's a story there, just follow the link. www.dailystatesman.com/story/1832114.html 

When all the work is done; fishing, hunting, riding motocross, and of course getting my two left hands involved into another speaker build.  It's become kinda addictive.

@JasonP is that yellow post above because of the security settings?  See the bad links in the original post?  After I fixed the URLs, the yellow went away.
    My signature goes here
  • FNG, aka Nate or pknaz, glad to have another outlet for my speaker addiction. I live in Franklin TN and have been addicted to audio gear since elementary school.  Thanks for the invitation! 
  • So this is where all of you have been hanging out!!

Most of you already know me (no- not that guy in the photo Richard posted);

Ben Shaffer of Auburn, IN, but most of you know me as Wolf from PETT, of which I still hang out.

I host the annual InDIYana DIY audio shindig, that many of you have attended in the past.

Been at this since about 1997, and enjoy it thoroughly!

Nice to see all of you!

Ben

Mzisserson4thtry
  • edited October 2017
    Bryan@MAC said:

Kornbread said:

Hey all, Kornbread (Kenny, but most everyone knows me as Kornbread) from the ex-swamplands of SE Missouri. http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/mdh_splash/default.asp?coll=lilrivdd    I've spent most of the last 5+ years sitting in front of this computer finishing my BS that I started back in 88'.

Right before returning to college, my son and I received our black belts in TKD.  There's a story there, just follow the link. www.dailystatesman.com/story/1832114.html 

@JasonP is that yellow post above because of the security settings?  See the bad links in the original post?  After I fixed the URLs, the yellow went away.
    I went in and fixed that post. Somehow an html <code> tag was wrapped around all the text, and that is what made the formatting go wild. I plan on starting a "State of the Forum" post about some issues that are yet resolved, and I'll mention this.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Ed Perkins here, aka ernperkins.  I've been active on PETT for awhile and have done a few designs.  Glad to see all the familiar names and am looking forward to a more open and friendly atmosphere.  Recently retired and moved from Mpls to Decorah Iowa (home of Toppling Goliath for you beer lovers). Married for 35 years and have grown son, a Lt in the Navy.  Loving the retired life and right now I'm at the Mpls airport for a trip to San Diego for my son's wedding.
    kennyk4thtry
  • Welcome all. Follow the rules, and we will get along great. 

One word of warning: we do not filter language, and have no plans to do so. We are all grownups. 

cssaudio1
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Welcome all. Follow the rules, and we will get along great. 

One word of warning: we do not filter language, and have no plans to do so. We are all grownups. 

However, we will filter political, religious and other OT crap.  Personal attacks will also not be tolerated.  It's all in the easy to understand TOS
    My signature goes here
  • Gotta say, I like the recent added activity on this forum with a few new members.  I see some great contributors.  I wish some of the original members like Craig K and Matt Sobie would venture back in.
  • Welcome aboard to all the new members.  This thread has been inactive for quite a while.  Glad to see things picking up again.
  • Looks like I'm a member of the club for kewl kids. ;)

My name is Reid. I'm not very social but I have a huge interest in acoustics, ever since I was about 8 years old. Tinkering with electronics as a kid sparked my career as an Electronics Technologist, and today I have several completed speaker project that I am proud of. My latest in my best and most expensive project to date, once I have a bit more free time I may post some details of it.

Life is busy these days so I rarely find time to build speakers, maybe one a year if I'm lucky, with that in mind I've collected enough parts on the shelf to keep me busy for the next 4-5 years.
    kennyk
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Hi Reid, welcome to the forum.  The MAC guys pretty much kick ass at everything they do.  So I expect they will take care of business if a troll ever gets on here.  I always like your contributions over at PETT and hope you bring some of that info here too.  We do have some way off topic threads like cooking steaks or me calling 911 for some old dude and I enjoy those too.  But there are some better, deeper, audio threads compared to tech talk.
    dcibel
  •    Sorry about the yellow guys, I'm not good with computers.  If anyone needs anything broken, especially computer related, I'm your guy. Anyhow, thanks for fixing it jr.

How do you edit a post after posting it?  

Nothing wrong with a friendly poke in the ribs from time to time, but TT can be frustrating.                    
       Going to be a while before the cookie jar gets replenished after the MCM deals, so the next build may not get started for a while, but if someone comes across a great deal on some great tweeters ...  

• Kornbread said:
       Sorry about the yellow guys

It's OK, I wore sunglasses. B)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • There is no edit function after posting.  If I remember correctly this is on purpose (JR, JP, BK???)
  • edited October 2017
    PWRRYD said:
    There is no edit function after posting.  If I remember correctly this is on purpose (JR, JP, BK???)

I thought that got changed to a 4 hour widow...window, yup still works.  Look for the gear button in the upper right corner near your post.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • The EDIT issue is being addressed in the State Of This Forum thread.  Let's keep it there.  Thanks.
    My signature goes here
  • I'm an MD, a psychiatrist. 
    I've been building speakers since I helped my dad build his in the 50's, and again in college in the 60's. Most of what I built has been without the benefit of modeling software and simulations. For the last 10 years I have been unable to build anything except a kit, but that is all changing, with a new computer I don't have to share, a shop in the garage, etc. Now I have a ton to learn, all sorts of computer programs I have never really used, plus some woodworking skills and finishing skills that are primitive and need improvement. 
    kennykWolfJasonP4thtry
  • Thanks Wolf, good to be here. 
  • A psychiatrist! What are you here to study? You know were all crazy here right lol?
    kennyk4thtry